Tullow is a leading independent oil & gas, exploration and production group, quoted on the London, Irish and Ghanaian stock exchanges (symbol: TLW). The Group has interests in over 120 exploration and production licences across 21 countries which are managed as three Business Delivery Teams: West Africa, East Africa and New Ventures. We are headquartered in London and have corporate offices in Ireland, Ghana, Kenya, Uganda and South Africa. Our shares are listed on the London, Irish and Ghanaian Stock Exchanges.
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, the jobholder will be responsible for ensuring that Tullow Kenya Import/Export activities are carried out in accordance with the Kenyan law and the Kenya Business Unit customs procedures. He/she will also be tasked with ensuring the availability of documentation trail for all transactions with customs and other Government agencies is maintained for audit and assurance purposes.
The job holder will also coordinate, communicate, expedite and troubleshoot the movement of import/export consignments with user departments for the purpose of ensuring cargoes meant for Kenya Business Unit projects are delivered in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the contracted Freight Forwarder allocates sufficient resources to clear goods in a timely manner.
- Ensure internal customs processes and procedures are communicated and understood by both Tullow staff and its Contractors with respect to the documentation required to complete the import and export processes.
- Responsible for the tracking and expedition of imports by Freight Forwarders in order to meet the set timelines as per project mobilization requirements.
- Develop and implement reporting tools to maintain the visibility of the expediting and customs clearance processes.
- Responsible for the management and control of all customs documentation, reports for both internal & external audits and security bonds in line with Tullow Kenya procedures while ensuring compliance with internal controls and policies.
- Act as the first point of contact in resolving all queries and correspondences relating to customs.
- Track and manage the Tullow Kenya Customs Bond facility to ensure that this is managed in line with company procedure and policy and ensuring the timely retirement of Customs Bonds relating to Tullow Kenya Consignments to the minimum requirements.
- Maintain a good rapport with Government bodies and contractors concerned with matters relating to customs resolving any issues arising.
- Supervise the activities of clearing and forwarding agents to ensure that any payments made are legal, transparent and in compliance with Tullow policies and procedures.
- Continuously update customs procedures in line with changes in legislation or government directives that impact the customs clearance process.
- Facilitate and process tax exemption documents and requests.
- Reconcile requests by the Customs Services Department at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) and ensure formal close-out and communication of the same to KRA.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Logistics Management, Business Administration, Management or Mechanical Engineering
- Holder of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) Certification.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ work experience in Customs or Logistics management.
- Working knowledge of the KRA SIMBA system, KENTRADE – Single Window system, TANCIS and ASYCUDA systems Intensive knowledge of tracking and tracing systems
- An understanding of the rules and regulations pertaining to KRA tax exemption and related issues in Kenya.
- Working knowledge of the relevant Tax laws that have a bearing on Tullow Kenya import regime under tax exemption).
- Ability to Monitor changes in the regulatory environment and offers expert advice on the best way to comply with the requirements.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of CMMS systems such as SAP or Maximo would be an advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited information exists.
- Well organized and able to prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate and ability to cope with stress..
- Proven supervisory skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Tullow Oil career website on www.linkedin.com to apply