National Content Field Coordinator Jobs at Tullow Oil
Tullow Oil is Africa’s leading independent oil and gas exploration and production company and is a constituent of the London FTSE100. The Group has interests in over 100 exploration and production licences across 25 countries focusing on four core regions: Africa, Europe, South Asia and South America.
Working for Tullow Oil in Kenya, you will be given the freedom and responsibility to make a difference. We provide the opportunities to build a solid future within our rapidly expanding portfolio and provide competitive rewards as part of our people strategy.
Our high level of employee engagement is also one of our key success factors that we want to continue building on.
Tullow Oil is seeking a talented, self motivated, proactive and skilled individual of high personal integrity to fill the National Content Field Coordinator position:
To contribute to optimization of national content objectives in Turkana by ensuring optimal stakeholder engagement to assure interruption free operations in Turkana.
The job holder will also contribute to the capacity building of Turkana businesses through identification of training gaps, engagement with potential development partners, targeted marketing of training programs and evaluation of training effectiveness.
Content Field Coordinator Job Key Responsibilities
- Liaise closely and work collaboratively with Nairobi-based SP, NC & C&P teams and Contract Holders to: establish from the Procurement Plan market sectors that require analysis for possible development action in Turkana, identify future opportunities for Turkana businesses in TKBV categories in accordance with local agreements, contribute to effective Contractor Performance Management, remedy non-compliant operational performance of Turkana Suppliers, monitor and investigate performance of Tullow non-Turkana Direct
- Supplier in delivering agreed LC and remedy through Contractor Performance Management processes.
- Engage with local stakeholders to ensure that: local expectations are realistic, NCT are aware of issues and expectations, communications are current, appropriate and accurate, NC & C&P procedures are understood, a feedback mechanism is in place, feasible Local Content opportunities are identified and that NCT acquires accurate knowledge of local businesses and stakeholders.
- Liaise closely and work collaboratively with Turkana based Social Investment and Social Performance teams.
- Organize and facilitate Supplier and Market specific events to establish engagement with TKBV SCM initiatives in Turkana.
- Regularly review resources required to establish an effective NC function in Turkana and submit justification to NCM.
- Through utilization of the Enterprise Development Centre facilitate performance improvement training, coaching and mentoring for Turkana businesses, Tullow’s and its Contractors’ Turkana suppliers
- Record and report relevant KPI’s to TKBV NCM and perform other duties as required by NCM
Required Qualifications for the Content Field Coordinator Job
- Post graduate education level in a business or similar related subject is desirable.
- Five years at a supervisory level in a deadline driven, contractually sensitive working environment.
- Proven successful experience in working as an interface is paramount.
- Substantive exposure to front line interaction with suppliers and clients is essential.
- Experience in training, developing and mentoring suppliers is critical.
- Experience with working in a culturally diverse environment.
- Self starter, a problem solver, and commercially aware.
- Promote and adhere to ethical business practices
How to Apply
- Send your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with our client; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees to:
- ADEPT SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT CONSULTANTS P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
- Email: email@example.com Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications. Closing date: Wednesday 23rd November 2016