Tullow is a leading independent oil & gas, exploration and production group, quoted on the London, Irish and Ghanaian stock exchanges (symbol: TLW). The Group has interests in over 120 exploration and production licences across 21 countries which are managed as three Business Delivery Teams: West Africa, East Africa and New Ventures. We are headquartered in London and have corporate offices in Ireland, Ghana, Kenya, Uganda and South Africa. Our shares are listed on the London, Irish and Ghanaian Stock Exchanges.
The Non-Technical Integration and Planning Lead (IPL–NT), through effective planning, integration and communication tools, is responsible for directly supporting the Non-Technical Manager to deliver on the non-technical objectives of the South Lokichar Full Field Development (FFD).
As non-technical covers broad base of areas, this role becomes the focal point for ensuring the non-technical areas are effectively managed by employing critical Project Management frameworks, processes, risk management, effective schedule and action tracking to closure, cost management and communication. The role is therefore a key member of the Non-Technical Development Team.
The objectives and responsibility of the role are explained in more detail below.
Responsibilities / Key Objectives
Strategic Planning and Performance
- The IPL is responsible for end-to-end planning of the non-technical areas.
- Working closely with the Non-Technical Manager, as part of this process, the IPL will be responsible for ensuring that the Kenya Field Development non-technical plan would satisfy Tullow’s Business and Development objectives and where appropriate key stakeholder objectives e.g. Government of Kenya, County Governments etc.
- The IPL will be required to develop a performance management system to ensure effective coordination, monitoring by the non-technical team.
- As part of this process, the IPL will be required to analyse critical path items, constraints etc and start the process of planning for contingencies and recovery plans.
- This will also include performing cost-benefit analysis of options to remove bottlenecks in the process.
Risk Management and Assurance
- Working jointly with Project Risk Coordinator, the IPL is responsible for non-technical risk identification, assessment and management (including risk scenario planning) for the South Lokichar Development.
- As part of this process, the IPL will need to understand the Technical and Commercial drivers as well as factors that could impact the non-technical risks or to which the non-technical risks may impact and ensure an integrated approach is adopted to managing the non-technical risks.
- As appropriate, the IPL will need to work with the Project Assurance and BU Assurance Lead to ensure appropriate risk based assurance activities are completed for the non-technical space.
Tullow Project Review Boards and Gate Reviews
- The IPL will be responsible for ensuring all non-technical aspects of the internal approval processes in accordance with the Tullow IMS and Stage GATE procedures are in place, with an ultimate target to deliver a Final Investment Proposal
- Coordinate the non-technical team integration to support the above mentioned objectives.
- Work with the non-technical teams with an objective to improve and safeguard the development value proposition.
- As part of the reporting requirements, the IPL will coordinate timely material, including pre-reads and presentations, to support Tullow as well as, as appropriate, JV partner readiness for relevant approval gates and with an ultimate objective to achieve project FID.
- Lead the development and maintenance of non-technical aspects of the integrated project development plan to ensure all requirements are in-place to support FID.
- As part of this role, the IPL will be required to track progress against plan, provide look ahead and exceptions reports and work with the relevant teams to agree recovery measures.
- The IPL will implement adequate management of change for the integrated plan to ensure recovery measures are considered first by the non-technical leadership team, followed by the DLT and then the KJV and implemented as required.
- The IPL will champion cross-functional communication to support the non-technical objectives.
- The IPL will be responsible for coordinating the input for non-technical annual budgets benchmarked against the Project objectives and plans
- Working with the cost engineers and Finance, the IPL will track performance against budgets and forecasts to ensure any red flags are raised as early as possible.
- Work with the Project Senior Estimator in preparing the required cost estimates for the non-technical aspects in line with Tullow requirements
- Acting as the custodian to non-technical input data required for the economic evaluation in support of value based decision making
Lead and coordinate the reporting requirements for the non-technical team. This would include reports and presentations required for Tullow Leadership, JV Partners. Government as well as other key stakeholders.
In accordance with the Tullow Delegation of Authority (DoA) guidelines.
- Degree or equivalent qualified in a relevant discipline.
Skills / Experience
- Proven experience in planning and project management in the Oil & Gas Exploration & Production Industry with at least 5 years spent in a similar role.
- Experience of industry standard project controls systems such as Primavera, Artemis, or MS Project is essential.
- Membership of a professional body such as APM or PMI is desirable.
- Excellent verbal, written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to review large quantities of data and information and use it to inform strategy, practice and process and performance improvements;
- Operational experience in bringing together multiple disciplines (Technical; Non-Technical areas such as Land, Water, Local Content etc; Commercial, Legal etc) to work together effectively and efficiently to deliver business results is desirable.
- Ability to take responsibility and manage tasks through to completion
- React quickly & flexible to changing circumstances
- Adopt a pragmatic, fit for purpose approach
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to guidelines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Tullow Oil career website on careers.tullowoil.com to apply