Vacancy: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Turkana Pastoralist Development Organization (TUPADO) is an NGO founded in 2000 and registered in Kenya by the NGO Coordination Board.
The organization implements a range of activities including
- rain water harvesting (transfer of skills on modern farming techniques and dry land farming),
- reproductive health targeting four sub-counties of Turkana County through training of community groups and supporting social events,
- animal health (through training on Community Based Animal Health Care and drug provisions),
- marketing and value addition of hides and skins,
- training on the workings and operation of revolving funds community food, veterinary drugs and rainwater harvesting stores,
- resettlement of internally displaced persons (IDPs),
- restocking of post raids and drought victims,
- support to disabled persons,
- HIV/AIDS behavior change communication targeting most at risk populations, and
- capacity building (training of communities on participatory development approaches).
For the new LINKAGES Across the continuum of HIV services for key populations affected by HIV, TUPADO seeks to recruit staff in the following position:
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Reference number: LINKAGES ME-16
- Diploma in health records and information management with a minimum of 5 years in managing HIV/AIDS related program M&E
- First degree in a related course will be an added advantage
- Familiarity with the MoH NASCOP M&E tools and reporting systems is a requirement.
- Thorough understanding of HIV/AIDS programming in Kenya
- Experience in working in a donor funded HIV/AIDS program will be an added advantage
- Flexible, able to deal with ambiguity, changes and “patches” in putting up M&E systems and standards
- Demonstrated understanding of PEPFAR expectations and trends for M&E
- Ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through on-the-job mentoring, supportive supervision, and other methods
- Excellent analytic and computer (MS Office Suite & computer statistical) skills an added advantage.
- Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision
- Able to prioritize work, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Lead the LINKAGES M&E activities including Quality Monitoring and Quality Improvement; Data Use for quality improvement meetings.
- Review, analyze, and compile monthly, quarterly, annual activity reports to comply with MoH and LINKAGES reporting requirements
- Design and maintain data collection systems, ensuring that necessary information is collected, analyzed, and used to guide the projects.
- Perform analysis of data and information collected from the field monthly and quarterly to examine trends and identify gaps as well as strengthens in the clinical cascade of care with LINKAGES Implementing staffs
- Perform data entry of KPS enrolled into the program and maintain the data base
- Ensure all data collection and reporting tools are available at all levels, both outreach, program and clinical tools
- Conduct regular reviews of the data to enable the team to identify whether targets are being met and take immediate corrective actions so as to reach epidemic control.
- Develop and implement a sustainable electronic data collection and storage system for the program activities.
- Ensure that data is received by partners and entered in DATIM monthly. Provide quality control of the data entry and support supervision through site visits and virtually by phone or email.
- Train data entry clerks and other field staff on guidelines, surveys and other data collection tools for the project.
- Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures for data management systems at the site level (storage/back-up, routine data verification, data quality audits etc)
- Design and execute internal data quality audits using Data Quality Assessment tools and ensure follow-up is complete.
- Develop Quarterly M&E presentations and any ad hoc presentation for performance review and analysis
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply via email to: [email protected]
Please specify source in your application and quote the Requisition ID provided on the subject line while sending your application, CV/resume including salary requirements, to be received not later than August 8th 2016.
Kindly note that only short listed persons will be contacted.