Vacancy: Nurse Counsellor
Turkana Pastoralist Development Organization (TUPADO) is an NGO founded in 2000 and registered in Kenya by the NGO Coordination Board.
The organization implements a range of activities including
- rain water harvesting (transfer of skills on modern farming techniques and dry land farming),
- reproductive health targeting four sub-counties of Turkana County through training of community groups and supporting social events,
- animal health (through training on Community Based Animal Health Care and drug provisions),
- marketing and value addition of hides and skins,
- training on the workings and operation of revolving funds community food, veterinary drugs and rainwater harvesting stores,
- resettlement of internally displaced persons (IDPs),
- restocking of post raids and drought victims,
- support to disabled persons,
- HIV/AIDS behavior change communication targeting most at risk populations, and
- capacity building (training of communities on participatory development approaches).
For the new LINKAGES Across the continuum of HIV services for key populations affected by HIV, TUPADO seeks to recruit staff in the following position:
Reference Number: LINKAGES – Nurse/HTS 16
- Perform HIV counselling and testing at the drop-in center
- Perform HIV counselling and testing during outreaches
- Participate in quality improvement at the drop-in center
- Work with the clinical officer in providing clinical services
- Help in preparation of reports
- Diploma in KRN, KRM or ECN
- Counselling training as per National Guidance in HTS
- Experience working with Key Population is an added advantage
- Able to offer stigma-free and non-discriminatory services
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work during non-office hours
- Good written and verbal communication skills – English and Kiswahili languages
- Computer Literacy
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply via email to: [email protected]
Please specify source in your application and quote the Requisition ID provided on the subject line while sending your application, CV/resume including salary requirements, to be received not later than August 8th 2016.
Kindly note that only short listed persons will be contacted.