Tuskys, the leading retailer in Kenya has adopted a new strategy, Tuskys 2.0 GOOD TO GREAT, running from 2016-2020.
With this strategy we seek to strengthen our market leadership and to position the company for optimization of efficiencies and delivery of superior returns to shareholders.
Part of this strategy is the attraction and retention of the best talent to drive this strategy. To this end, we have several vacancies within our leadership team and welcome all applications.
Job Title: Corporate Communications Officer
Job Code: HR/50
Report To: Working in the CEO office
Purpose: The PRO will help to develop and execute proactive PR plans that support and enhance the brand positioning in line with Tuskys 2.0 – GOOD TO GREAT strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Developing a winning Internal and External communication strategy that correctly addresses of all business stakeholders primarily staff, customers, suppliers and wider public
• Planning, developing and implementing PR strategies.
• Liaising with colleagues and key spokespeople.
• Liaising with and answering enquiries from media, individuals and other organizations, where need be.
• Work with implementing a strong web presence and all industry leading blogs, forums and channels
• Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media.
• Constantly analyzing media coverage and advising top management on best media engagement practices.
• Assist in all aspects of printed media working with the art team and other departments to make material available to the PR agencies and directly to the media – Brochures and Mini Brochures, Press advertising, Press releases, Posters, Photo etc.
• Writing and editing in-house magazines, case studies, speeches, articles and other publications that aim at winning positive perception amongst staff.
• Preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programs.
• Organizing events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours.
• Providing and editing information that is updated on the organization’s website.
• Managing and analyzing internal information flow and engaging with users on social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook.
• Commissioning market research on brand strength, acceptance and perception.
• Fostering community relations through events such as open days and through involvement in community initiatives.
• Managing the PR aspect of a potential crisis situation.
Professional Qualifications, Job experience & Skills requirement
• A bachelor’s degree in Public Relations/Business management or Mass communication.
• At least 4 years relevant experience in the field of public relations.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a busy multi-locational organization.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements send your CV to [email protected]
For ease of processing all candidates should quote the JOB CODE on Subject line of the email application.
Application deadline is Wednesday, 10th November 2015 at 5:00pm.
Late applications will not be considered.
All applicants must quote job ref on the subject line at the email.