Tuskys, the leading retailer in Kenya has adopted a new strategy, Tuskys 2.0 GOOD TO GREAT, running from 2016-2020.
With this strategy we seek to strengthen our market leadership and to position the company for optimization of efficiencies and delivery of superior returns to shareholders.
Part of this strategy is the attraction and retention of the best talent to drive this strategy. To this end, we have several vacancies within our leadership team and welcome all applications.
Job Title: HR Business Partner / Training Manager
Job Code: HR/60
Report To: General Manager -HR
Purpose: Reporting to the GM HR, the successful candidate will be responsible for Development of a winning Human Capital pool through continuous training and motivation.
Providing support to operating units through workforce planning, resource optimization, performance monitoring and variance analysis aimed at aiding management in decision making and optimal utilization of the work force.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage a robust and effective training program for the entire business
• Liaise with outsourced firms in scheduling of outsourced labor
• Oversee the development and implementation of effective workload forecasting and shift scheduling for branches through approving leave schedules for all the staff and ensuring that space and resource planning are adequately catered for;
• Continuous development of the HRM system to accommodate emerging needs in the business.
• Formulate Space Planning Utilization summaries as part of the Workforce Budgeting.
• Ensure any change to plan is justified, supported by facts and is approved before implementation;
• Communication to staff on all workforce related issues is done within agreed SLA
• Ensure policies and procedures related to workforce management are accurate, updated and made available onto the Intranet;
• Make recommendation on improving scheduling efficiencies, and follow through on their implementation and measure of success while ensuring that the plans are realistic and match current trends;
• Conduct performance tracking through variance analysis of Workforce plans and performance evaluation;
• Communicate promptly on sudden changes in customer flow and recommend appropriate actions to be taken;
• Periodically review routing strategies and recommend improvement to achieve optimization;
• Translate adherence statistics for business decision;
• Communicate agreed performance standards and targets; Review targets every six months and communicate within agreed timelines;
• Identify weak areas, implement training needs and coaching plans and follow up to ensure weak areas have been covered within the team;
Professional Qualifications, Job Experience & Skills Requirement
• An honors degree from a recognized university preferably in Human Resources.
• Possession of an advanced degree is preferable.
• At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role within a workforce planning environment.
• Must have experience in workload forecasting, shift scheduling, performance analysis and costing for a large organization
• Must have experience preparing, monitoring and reviewing budgets and forecasts in a large company.
• Experience in a telecommunications company is preferred.
• Experience in financial modeling and forecasting.
• Good experience in MS office tools.
• Good planning skills with ability to meet strict deadlines.
• Innovativeness and willingness to propose new and effective ways of running the business. Ensure the highest level of accuracy in financial/HR analysis and feedback.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements send your CV to [email protected]
For ease of processing all candidates should quote the JOB CODE on Subject line of the email application.
Application deadline is Wednesday, 10th November 2015 at 5:00pm.
Late applications will not be considered.
All applicants must quote job ref on the subject line at the email.