Tuskys, the leading retailer in Kenya has adopted a new strategy, Tuskys 2.0 GOOD TO GREAT, running from 2016 – 2020.
With this strategy we seek to strengthen our market leadership and to position the company for optimization of efficiencies and delivery of superior returns to shareholders.
Part of this strategy is the attraction and retention of the best talent to drive this strategy. To this end, we have several vacancies within our leadership team and welcome all applications.
Job Title: Marketing & Business Development Manager
Job Code: HR/20
Report To: Head of Operations
Purpose: The Marketing and Business Development Manager ¡s responsible to manager all marketing and brand positioning activities of the company in line with our Tuskys 2.0 – GOOD TO GREAT Strategy!.
The job holder will lead a team of professionals in the marketing department to ensure that efforts are directed towards achieving corporate goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Developing the marketing strategy, prepare a core brand message for the company in line with business objectives.
• Develop market entry strategies for new stores
• Co-coordinating marketing campaigns with sales activities.
• Overseeing the company’s marketing budget.
• Creation and publication of all marketing material in line with marketing plans.
• Planning and implementing promotional campaigns.
• Manage and improve lead generation campaigns, measuring results.
• Overall responsibility for brand management and corporate identity
• Preparing online and print marketing campaigns.
• Monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing communications.
• Creating a wide range of different marketing materials and apply these into all aspects of media.
• Working closely with design agencies and other external partners ¡n outsourced marketing activities.
• Assist in regular contact with all major industry magazines to supply any required promotional material.
• Make regular contact with all major industry digital media sources to supply any required promotional material.
• Oversee market research for strategic business growth and consolidate information relevant to new store launches.
• Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives.
• Analyzing potential strategic partner relationships for company marketing.
Professional Qualifications, Job Experience & Skills Requirement
• A degree in marketing from a recognized university.
• At least 5 years relevant experience in a senior marketing position.
• Must be well versed with dynamics of the retail industry.
• Must be a member of The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
• MBA in Marketing will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For ease of processing all candidates should quote the JOB CODE on Subject line of the email application.
Application deadline is Wednesday, 10th November 2015 at 5:00pm.
Late applications will not be considered.
All applicants must quote job ref on the subject line at the email.