Tuskys, the leading retailer in Kenya has adopted a new strategy, Tuskys 2.0 GOOD TO GREAT, running from 2016 – 2020.
With this strategy we seek to strengthen our market leadership and to position the company for optimization of efficiencies and delivery of superior returns to shareholders.
Part of this strategy is the attraction and retention of the best talent to drive this strategy. To this end, we have several vacancies within our leadership team and welcome all applications.
Job Title: Purchasing Manager
Job Code: HR/40
Report To: General Manager Supply Chain
Purpose: The Purchasing manager will oversee supply chain management and procurement activities, both locally and internationally, in line with Tuskys 2.0 – GOOD TO GREAT strategy.
The holder will man age the Head Office and Branch dynamic buying teams to deliver products according to the needs of our customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
• To develop and execute a strong Purchasing Strategy in line with Organization’s objectives.
• To conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of value, delivery schedules and quality.
• To conduct continuous forecasts of levels of demand for products to meet business needs and while maintaining optimum stock levels.
• Act as the main liaison person between the company and suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and selling outlets.
• Act as custodian of all contract files between the company and outside parties.
• Identifying potential suppliers and building and maintaining a good relationship with them.
• To regularly conduct forecasts on price trends and their impact on future activities.
• Leading a team of dedicated purchasing team to achieving set goals and objectives.
Professional Qualifications, Job Experience & Skills Requirement
• A University degree in procurement and Supplies Management
• At least four years’ experience ¡n supplies management in a senior management level.
• Must be well versed with dynamics of the retail industry.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Ability to lead teams in a multi-locational set up.
• A Master’s degree in Supplies/procurement will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements send your CV to [email protected] For ease of processing all candidates should quote the JOB CODE on Subject line of the email application. Application deadline is Wednesday, 10th November 2015 at 5:00pm. Late applications will not be considered. All applicants must quote job ref on the subject line at the email.