Twaweza, a dynamic East Africa wide organization, is looking for a competent, effective and energetic Assistant to the Operations Manager
Job Title: Assistant to the Operations Manager
Salary Grade: 3
Reports to: Manager, Operations
Supervises: Usually none, except as assigned by the Supervisor
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Overall Responsibility: You will support Operations Manager to effectively undertake his/her responsibilities and tasks
- Work with HR Association to support Operations Manager on all HR matters.
- Support Admin Officers on procurement and Asset when on leave and on other times as guided by the Operations Manager.
- Support Operations Manager to ensure Operations unit functions and communicates effectively, including monthly bilaterals, progress dashboards and taking crisp, readable notes and minutes
- Manage the Operations Manager schedule and workload; support the Operations Manager to be ‘on top of’ his/her tasks and provide effective support to respective unit staff and beyond as necessary
- Manage information and communication flow between Operations Manager and staff and external parties, including correspondence, telephone and visitors.
- Support Operations Manager to prepare for relevant unit and bilateral meetings, as well as other meetings involving Operations Manager. To ensure all meetings are well organized and related documents finalized and sent on time.
- Review and scrutinize key documents, contracts and unit reports reaching Operations Manager for quality, accuracy and compliance with policies and systems, and advise accordingly.
- Draft letters and undertake basic correspondence on behalf of Operations Manager.
- Systematically review compliance to policy and procedures at Twaweza and advise the Operations Manager.
- Ensure files and documentation (physical and electronic) for Operations unit is well organized and completed.
- Cooperate and coordinate with Operations unit to ensure effectiveness, efficiency, responsiveness and good humor in Operation’s team.
- Advise and support Operations Manager on any other work related issues as needed.
- Successfully implement above responsibilities and assigned activities in work plans and budgets, consistent with Twaweza Policies.
- Contribute effectively to planning, monitoring, reporting and information dissemination of Twaweza’s work.
- Collaborate with Twaweza staff across units and countries in a spirit of mutual respect and cooperation to get things done.
- Communicate your work through active use of internal platform (SalesForce), electronic calendar (Gcal) and being accessible on electronic chat (Skype) as per Twaweza requirements.
- Participate actively in organization‐wide learning and other joint activities.
- Comply with and foster adherence to the established Twaweza values, policies, regulations, guidelines and procedures.
- Undertake any other lawful tasks as may be assigned by your Supervisor and/or Executive Director.
- Advance Diploma/Bachelor degree in Human Resources or any related social sciences.
- Three years’ experience related to Human Resources Management or Administration.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and demonstrated team working qualities
- Must be trustworthy, reliable and with corruption‐free reputation
- Very good writing and communication skills in English and Kiswahili with keen attention to detail.
- Good basic knowledge of HRM and Administration.
- Strong computer and typing skills and use of database and internet.
- Excellent organizational, reporting and management skills.
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Very good time management skills.
Changes and Amendments: This job description may be amended by Twaweza after consultation with the employee and the supervisor.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your CV (max 4 pages) to [email protected], including a cover letter explaining your interests/motivations to work for Twaweza, and 2 samples of your written work and names of 3 referees, in MS Word or PDF file.
In the subject of your email write your name, the position you are applying for and country
Deadline for the submission is 15th January 2017.