Twaweza, a dynamic East Africa wide organization, is looking for a competent, effective and energetic Assistant Program Officer, Research
Job Title: Assistant Program Officer – Research
Unit: Uwezo Tanzania
Cluster: Data and Voice
Salary Grade: 4
Reports to: Manager, Uwezo Tanzania
Supervises: Consultants, Interns
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Overall Responsibility: You will support the planning and conducting of the Uwezo annual learning assessment and related monitoring.
You will ensure proper preparations of training logistics (Contracting host NGO, venue, funds, invitations, trainers, etc) are well organized in a timely manner, and all training sessions are conducted on time for the Master Trainers/TOTs, Regional Trainings, National Training/Conference and the District Training of volunteers.
You will support the manager to review training manuals with support from the Senior Program Officer Research and the data and Voice Directorate.
You will support revision of the survey tool is well-managed, including the systematic review and inclusion of additional components to the survey through Uwezo+ (e.g. SDG integration)
- Assist the Manager to establish and manage updated inventory/ data base of sampled Enumeration areas ( EAs), volunteers and household lists from the districts for annual learning assessment,
- Assist the Manager to plan and implement all relevant trainings and related logistics including: to conduct induction training for Regional and District Coordinators, manage logistical arrangements for the Training of Trainers workshop, zonal/regional trainings and the national training/conference, ( e.g. producing copies of training materials, prepare fund requests, prepare contracts for trainers/facilitators, consultants, manage invitations, and communications to partners etc); follow up training report writing process.
- Assist the Manager to receive and review all training reports, ensure they are properly documented, document lessons and recommendations, ensure all reports are approved by the manager and well filed in the shared folder for easy access and sharing.
- Assist the Manager to schedule and plan for all district trainings of volunteers, including a schedule for engaging trainers (including contracting, fund disbursement etc) to support the trainings, and relevant dates, and manage all related reports.
- Assist the Manager to ensure timely and efficient revision of training workbooks and manuals, including the training programs and reports;
- Assist the Manager to ensure timely revision of the survey tool, including the systematic review of items,
- Manage consultation and engagement process of experts in Uwezo+/SDG integration by preparing TOR and contracts for relevant technical experts/consultants to support and determine any additional elements to the annual survey (e.g. Uwezo+/ SDG integration)
- Assist the Manager on data quality assurance and management processes including supporting collection of data books from partners, recheck of data books, supporting data entry process and related logistics, and transportation of data books to data center in a timely manner in collaboration with the Program Assistant and Senior Program Officer – research.
- Assist the Manager to initiate and present idea memos, decision memos, contracts, TORs, related to trainings, and all related requisitions and payments within the budget lines linked to the above activities.
- Contribute to the writing of annual plans, quarterly implementation schedules/plans, and progress reports quarterly, semiannually and annually of the research unit as per Twaweza guidelines.
- Participate in other Uwezo processes related to implementation and monitoring of annual learning assessment survey and dissemination of findings such as partner recruitment, pre-assessment activities, assessment and post assessment monitoring of activities, and launching of findings at national and subnational level.
- Successfully implement above responsibilities and assigned activities in work plans and budgets, consistent with Twaweza Policies.
- Contribute effectively to planning, monitoring, reporting and information dissemination of Uwezo’s/Twaweza’s work.
- Collaborate with Twaweza staff across units and countries in a spirit of mutual respect and cooperation to get things done.
- Communicate your work through active use of internal platform (SalesForce), electronic calendar (Gcal) and being accessible on electronic chat (Skype) as per Twaweza requirements.
- Participate actively in organization-wide learning and other joint activities.
- Comply with and foster adherence to the established Twaweza values, policies, regulations, guidelines and procedures.
- Undertake any other lawful tasks as may be assigned by your Supervisor, respective Director and/or Executive Director.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Education or Social Sciences. Master’s degree an advantage.
- Experience in carrying out large surveys.
- At least three years’ relevant working experience, specifically in research.
- Very good writing skills in English and Kiswahili, with keen attention to detail.
- Good basic knowledge of development and education issues.
- Strong computer skills and use of database and internet.
- Excellent organizational, reporting and management skills.
- Very good time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
Changes and Amendments: This job description may be amended by Twaweza after consultation with the employee and the supervisor.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your CV (max 4 pages) to [email protected], including a cover letter explaining your interests/motivations to work for Twaweza, and 2 samples of your written work and names of 3 referees, in MS Word or PDF file.
In the subject of your email write your name, position you are applying for and country.
Deadline for the submission is 15th January 2017.