Leasing Manager Job at Centum
Two Rivers Mall, East Africa’s largest Lifestyle Center is home to over 180 retail stores; offering a great blend of local and international experiences. A world class destination integrating commercial, entertainment, lifestyle and hospitality facilities, Two Rivers is the first of its kind in the Sub-Saharan region.
The mission of the Leasing Manager is to perform lease administration functions, to ensure compliance of lease terms and tracking financial obligations for all lease documents. The role holder is expected to develop and maintain strong working relationships with the current tenants and maximize revenue and capital value of assets by attracting new occupants to TRLC.
Roles for the Leasing Manager Job
- Within the first 10 days, the role holder shall have formal face to face engagements with all tenants and provide documented output on various touch-points and key insights with action points. He/she will perform an in-depth analysis of all the tenants and develop a comprehensive, up-to-date information system.
- Within the first 15 days, the role holder shall champion tenant retention strategies aimed at presenting a first-class service consequently maintaining and optimizing the percentage of leased areas. The role holder shall work with leasing agents to ensure a strong level of rapport between the support staff and the tenants.
- Within the first 20 days, the role holder shall develop initiatives to increase and optimize the percentage of occupancy to service all TRLC’s financing obligations by adopting a robust leasing rate based on the agreed leasing percentage quarterly; pegged to a minimum 5% conversion
- Within the first month, the role holder shall liaise with the Marketing team to monitor traffic evolution over the past few months TRLC has been in operation. The role holder will be expected to contribute to the Marketing plan solutions aimed at growing the overall awareness of the Brand
- The role holder shall develop a monthly tenant update report (internal newsletter) that shall relay big data people counters (Traffic flow to the mall), deliberations at the tenant meeting, output expectation; relationship building focused on revenue opportunities, key metrics for stores, market update, feedback amongst other tenant-related news; and ensure monthly distribution to all stakeholders.
- The role holder shall build a comprehensive database including but not restricted to: customer information, trading densities across all store categories i.e. Average Sales, Per Basket Spends, Number of daily transactions.
- The role holder shall identify opportunities for cost savings and always ensure that all Rents & service charge Income and Utility Billings are done 7 days prior to period end and all collections have been done within 7 days into the period billed.
- The role holder shall maintain and optimize the percentage of leased areas (*Leased status means; executed engrossed lease copy, security deposit, legal fees and advance quarter rent fully paid) and shall regularly check for 100% compliance i.e. all tenants have leases, licenses have been executed by both the tenant and the Landlord.
- The role holder shall act as a credit controller and ensure 100% debt collection/arrears as stipulated in the leases. He/ she shall safeguard that at all times the Percentage available for Rent, Service Charges, Marketing collateral is 100% collected i.e. TRLC is self-funding
- The role holder shall ensure that actual expenses are ever in line with the forecasted budget and oversee that TRLC has an operational budget that is in sync with the provisions with the tenant leases
Leasing Manager Job Requirements
- Tangible experience in review and execution of lease administration and renewals (preferably in a shopping destination)
- An exceptional performer with a track record of delivering tangible return outcomes through identification of leasing opportunities and proper management of leases in the property retail space
- An innovative and creative individual with the ability to think outside the norm to achieve exceptional outcomes in the face of competition
- Excellent understanding of key financial ratios such as: Interest cover ratio, Debt service cover ratio, Gross YIELD on investment, Break-even point
- Understands property and accrual accounting principles and has tangible experience in Interpreting industry trends and benchmarks
- Personable individual and excellent communicator who can build close and effective working relationships with all stakeholders
- An effective and ethical leader with the maturity to deal with sensitive issues
How to Apply
If you possess the right mix of qualifications, experience and competencies; apply by sending your CV ONLY to [email protected]
ONLY shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
The Subject of your email should be LEASING MANAGER. Applications close on 17th June 2017.