UAP Investment Analyst Job in Kenya
Who we are We are an integrated financial services provider with a footprint across 6 countries. The UAP Old Mutual Group comprises of UAP Holdings, Old Mutual Kenya and Faulu Microfinance Bank with over 4,000 employees, 12 properties and a fund under management of $ 1.41 billion. Our History The UAP Old Mutual Group now comprises of three key players as a result of the acquisition of a controlling stake in Faulu in 2014 and UAP in 2015 by Old Mutual. The acquisitions resulted in Old Mutual Kenya,UAP Holdings andFaulu Microfinance Bank forming one of the largest financial services groups with a growing footprint in East and Central Africa. The Group currently has operations in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, South Sudan, Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo. Our Businesses We offer both retail and corporate customers a comprehensive range of financial services which include Investment, Insurance, Banking, Property and Savings as well as a wider and more accessible distribution network. Our strategy Build an INTEGRATED FINANCIAL SERVICES CHAMPION in East Africa by leveraging the strength of our capabilities in the Global group. Vision To be our customers’ most trusted partner, passionate about helping them achieve their lifetime financial goals.
Reporting to the Chief Investment Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for research, investment analysis and provision of relevant information and recommendations on equity and fixed income investments.
- Responsible for researching, analysing and providing relevant information for investment decision making.
- Keeping up to date with macro-economic trends, market developments as well as monitoring corporate actions of listed companies.
- Developing and maintaining the financial valuation models.
- Analysing credit risk of listed or unlisted Fixed Income instruments.
- Makes recommendations regarding investment attractiveness of listed equities and fixed income instruments to the Investment Committee.
- Communication focuses on transferring of relatively complex information in a manner that aides in investment decision making.
- Provide support to the performance analyst.
Key Results Areas
- Accountable for service delivery through own efforts.
- Individually accountable for managing own time, tasks and output quality
- Makes increased contributions by broadening individual skills.
- Collaborates effectively with others to achieve personal results.
- Accepts and lives the company values.
- Researches, analyses and provides relevant information.
- Analyses the position of listed and unlisted companies within the investment universe.
- Projects short and long term macroeconomic forecasts for factors such as GDP, inflation and interest rates as well as industry and company specific financial projections with clearly identifiable performance drivers.
- Makes recommendations regarding investment attractiveness of equities and fixed income securities.
- Transfers relatively complex information.
Qualifications and experience
- Undergraduate Degree in Finance and/or investment analysis
- CFA qualification is an added advantage
- Experience in financial modeling and investment analysis
Knowledge and Skills
- Decision Making
- Gaining Commitment
- Initiating Action
- Planning & Organizing
- Technical Knowledge
- Thinking Skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to UAP OLD MUTUAL GROUP career website on www.linkedin.com to apply