The UAP Old Mutual Group is comprised of Faulu, UAP and Old Mutual, forming one of the largest financial services groups with a growing footprint in East and Central Africa, with operations in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, South Sudan, Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Head Internal Audit
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience3 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Purpose of Role
This role is responsible for the functional management and audit assurance delivery of the UAP – Old Mutual East Africa Group Internal Audit (GIA) in respect of all allocated business portfolios. The role will have responsibility for the development and implementation of the functional business plan, including financial and human resource management. The audit plan will be delivered using the audit resources from the applicable specialist teams and will include co-ordination with the Subject Matter Lead (SML)audit roles in the Old Mutual Group to ensure the application of the right skills to the right assignments at the right times.
This role is also responsible for the management, administration and execution of audit assignments within the UAP – Old Mutual East Africa Group with the aim of providing an independent opinion on the risk and control environment across specific business units. The role holder is individually accountable for achieving results through audit assignment delivery.
The role holder will be able to obtain an understanding of the Insurance Model as well as a holistic view of the Group by auditing across processes and segments within the organization. Sustained quality interaction with members of the company’s management teams during the course of audits is a key part of the role whilst building critical business knowledge. The role holder will be required to also build a relationship with the Audit Committees and quarterly report the outcome of audit assurance work to the Audit Committees under the supervision of the Head of Audit, Old Mutual Africa
The audit teams are based in Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda, with responsibility for supporting audit activities across Africa, as a result the role may necessitate up to 20% travel within Africa.
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
- The role will report to the Head of Audit: Rest of Africa Operations and will support with the implementation of the GIA strategy and mandate for the said portfolio.
- Help the relevant Boards and Executive Management teams to protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the business.
- Challenge and influence the relevant executives to improve the governance, risk and control culture.
- Help the business to deliver the strategic initiatives successfully by focusing on the most significant risks, both existing and emerging and the most significant strategic initiatives being undertaken.
- The role will further interact with and provide audit assurance to the UAP – Old Mutual Business Unit Executive Committees (Exco) as well as respective Audit and Risk Committees.
- Manage, administer and execute audits for the UAP – Old Mutual East Africa Group;
- Provide an independent opinion on the risk and control environment within specific business units or processes;
- Understand the risk profile of the business;
- Gain and apply extensive industry knowledge in area of expertise;
- Deliver audit assignments on time, in accordance with Group Internal Audit methodology and as per agreed quality standards;
- Engage with business unit process owners to agree on audit deliverables (risk assessments, control workshops and adequacy assessments) and timeframes;
- Issue findings in relation to audit work conducted;
- Meet key customers and gain a better understanding of business expectations;
- Provide clients with an understanding of GIA expectations and apply GIA protocols;
- Contribute to developmental interventions and on the job coaching.
Key Knowledge and Skills Required
- Extensive relevant experience, at least 7 years, in the internal audit function of a financial services company or an external audit function with financial services companies as clients.
- Good understanding of the insurance, banking and investment management environment (front, middle and back office);
- Knowledge of asset management capabilities- fixed income, equities, alternatives, property, & multimanager.
- Knowledge of the investment management regulatory environment, including property management;
- Knowledge of life and pensions products and industry an added advantage;
- Good level of understanding and application of risks and controls;
- Previous experience of managing projects and teams an added advantage;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including effective report writing ability.
Key Attributes Required
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to interact with client staff and senior management across various functions and divisions within the company;
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills;
- Driven to deliver real value and quality service to a demanding and diverse client base;
- Confident and self-motivated;
- Organised and structured approach with ability to multi-task;
- Quality orientation.
Academic Requirements and Professional Affiliations
- A minimum of a 3 year Accounting Honors or related Honors Degree.
- Professional qualification (CPA, CA, ACCA, CIMA, CIA) ,
- Uses Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint effectively.
- Knowledge of TeamMate an added advantage.
- Sustained, quality interaction with members on the company’s management teams.
- The Audit Committee Chair
- External Audit
- Group Internal Audit
Brand & Marketing Research Manager
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Media / Advertising / Branding Sales / Marketing
The role holder will be reporting to the Head of Brand Management and Marketing Strategy.
The key objectives for this position are: –
- Support the implementation of the brand strategy across the region and ensure all aspects of the business marketing and activities align with the brand promise and values.
- Identify and exploit new marketing opportunities that fit with the brand and maximise all opportunities for growth.
- Implements processes to ensure brand integrity in across the region.
- Champion the brand internally making sure all staff understand the brand and its goals.
- Drive increased market share and sales in all markets through effective brand campaigns and sponsorships
- Support the region and business units with researched market intelligence.
- Support the design, implementation and reviewing of customer value propositions
- Drive customer insights led initiatives and provide regular reports to drive business decision making
- Identifies, builds relationships and interfaces with internal and external resources -research creative, media production and buying
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or relevant business degree,.
- Post-graduate specialised marketing or professional qualification will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years marketing experience within the financial service industry
- Hands on experience brand management and Marketing research
Knowledge and Skills
- Must be a strategic thinker with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Organises time efficiently with the ability to prioritize work on a wide range of deliverables at once
- Good business acumen and good understanding of the market
- Self-starter who shows initiative and is able to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent Communication & Influencing Skills
- Builds and maintains strong business relationships
How to Apply
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.