Optometrist Jobs at Uasin Gishu County
Optometrist Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out examination, diagnosis, treatment, management and prevention of disease and disorders of the visual system, the eye and associated structures
- Co-ordinate the screening and refraction /low vision unit
- Diagnose ocular manifestation of systemic conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure and complications of the ageing process such as cataracts and muscular degeneration
- Manage eye diseases and conduct referral of surgical cases.
- Prescribe and fit eye glasses and contact lenses as well as safety eyewear and subnormal vision devises.
- Provide vision therapy and low vision rehabilitation.
- Work in conjunction with ophthalmologist and other health care providers to provide integrated, quality care for patients
- Educate patients about vision and lifestyle choices for protecting and enhancing good vision and health
- Conduct research and promote advancement in the visual health.
Requirements for the Optometrist Job
- Bachelor of Science in Optometry and vision Science from a recognized Institution
- Must be willing to work during odd hours and on weekends/holidays
- Committed to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- One year post graduate experience in a busy institution
How to Apply