Reporting to the Deli Coordinator, the Cook will perform skilled cooking duties to ensure high quality standards of food production and service to support the retail store’s revenue growth.
Expertise in either of the following cuisines preferred; Swahili dishes, Chinese, Fast foods and other delicacies.
Cook Job Key Responsibilities
- Determine how food should be presented and create decorative food displays
- Set up display and collect all necessary supplies to prepare menu for service
- Arrange sauces and supplementary garnish
- Cover, date and correctly store all bits and pieces of food items
- Return dirty food preparations utensils to the appropriate areas
- Make sure all storage areas are tidy and all products are stored appropriately
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies and institute budgetary controls Prepare and cook foods of all types either on a regular basis or on order
- Check quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met
- Use food preparation tools in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions
Qualifications for the Cook Job
- Relevant qualification in hospitality related field
- At least 1 year experience in food service and hospitality
- Skilled in setting up stations/displays
- Committed to practice and checking of food safety
- Able to re-stock all items as required through a shift
- Proven record of delivering outstanding customer service by preparing food items constantly and adhering to recipe standards
- Should be able to work efficiently in fast paced and noisy environment.
- Exemplary customer service skills
- High standard of personal cleanliness Good communicator
- Reliable, punctual, clean and tidy
- Selling skills/ Service
- Ability to work effectively in a team
How To Apply
If you can clearly demonstrate your ability to deliver the role requirements, please submit your application and detailed CV indicating your current and expected remuneration, three (3) referees, two of which should be former supervisors/employers
Kindly forward your application to [email protected] indicating the job title as the subject.
Closing Date: Tuesday, 7th February 2017