Reporting to: Director of Finance and Operations
Our Client, Global Programs for Research & Training, is an international NGO wholly owned and controlled affiliate of the University of California San Francisco (UCSF).
UCSF Global Programs is seeking to recruit a highly competent Human Resource Manager
Job purpose: The Human Resource Manager is responsible for managing the human resources functions at the Nairobi Office and field offices.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or other related field
- MBA in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field is preferred.
- Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) in Kenya is an added advantage
- A minimum of 7 years working experience in a senior HR management role
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience
Skills and Attributes:
- Personal integrity and transparency with direct supervisor(s)
- Experience in managing large staff using a HR management software
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and networking skills
- Strong analytical, planning, negotiation and communications skills
- Strong supervisory and managerial skills
- Must be a team player and motivator
- Good training facilitation and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of Kenyan labour laws as well as immigration processes
- Proficient in computer usage for business including Microsoft Office Suite, email and electronic HR systems, recruitment via social media platforms e.g. LinkedIn
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Human resource planning and budgeting based on the Country Office strategic plan.
- Ensure compliance to organisational HR policies.
- Advise organisational management on any recommendations to modify organisational HR policy
- Ensure compliance to labour law and stay up to date on its development in Kenya.
- Managing staff recruitment for Kenya offices, including development of job descriptions, posting job openings, interviewing and on-boarding.
- Work with department heads in preparing job descriptions.
- Design, make evidence-based recommendations and implement compensation and benefit plans.
- Negotiate with insurance companies to ensure the most economical premium rates and the best value for staff.
- Work with management and supervisors to create and foster staff development opportunities. Develop and maintain performance evaluation system for all employees; create materials, conduct trainings, advise staff and supervisors on HR processes
- Develop and maintain performance management systems including policies for addressing employee relations, grievances and discipline.
- Develop a whistle-blower policy and orient staff.
- Conduct appropriate staff training and orientation of staff.
- Maintain staff records in confidential filing system
- Review monthly payroll list.
- Keeps the Director of Finance and Operations informed of problems, issues and concerns on a regular basis.
- Any other duty allocated by the Director of Finance and Operations.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, send a detailed CV and cover letter, stating your current position, current remuneration and contact details to [email protected] by Wednesday, November 23, 2016. NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.