Procurement Manager Jobs at Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority
Job Ref: UFAA/02/2017
The Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority (UFAA) is a State Corporation established under the National Treasury pursuant to the Unclaimed Financial Assets Act No.40 of 2011.
The primary mandate of the Authority is to receive unclaimed financial assets from the holders of such assets on behalf of the Government, safeguard and re-unite the assets with their rightful owners.
UFAA invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position:
Purpose of the job
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the job holder is responsible for procurement function and overseeing aspects of purchasing, negotiations and process implementation for procurement of goods, works and services.
Procurement Manager Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and manage all activities involved in sourcing Suppliers, procurement quality assurance and financial logistics activities, and leading the procurement function, overseeing all aspects of purchasing, negotiations and process implementation for procurement of goods and services.
- Prepares procurement guidelines in line with the law, procurement manual and financial rules and regulations of the Authority
- Prepares procurement plan and guiding/monitoring its implementation in the Authority
- Identifying and developing a sourcing strategy to ensure the Corporation obtains value for money while adhering to budget and procurement guidelines
- Ensuring that all Statutory Reports are submitted effectively and within prescribed timelines to the Public
- Procurement Oversight Authority and other Government Institutions;
- Secretary to the Evaluation Committee and responsible for minute taking/professional opinion
- Monitoring supplier contract management to ensure compliance with the contractual terms and conditions
- Managing, coaching and mentoring to ensure a high level of employee motivation and performance
- Advising the Disposal Committee on disposal matters and timely execution of obsolete and an serviceable items
- Preparation of board reports on Procurement matters as and when required
- Participate in preparation of service level agreements with Suppliers, contractors and/or service providers and ensure that these are signed off and monitored
- Ensuring compliance and adherence to company policy and procedures and statutory requirement
- Leading the procurement function and overseeing all aspects of purchasing, negotiations and process implementation for procurement of goods and services.
- Responsible for control and managing the Authority’s inventory, stores and assets
- Leads the preparation of tender documents for purchase of supplies and equipment
- Promotes a positive corporate culture and image of the Authority
- Updates and maintains vendor database
- Compliance with the Authority’s service charter
- Organize and participate in tender negotiations
Qualifications for the Procurement Manager Job
- Bachelors degree in Business, Economics, Procurement and Supply Chain Management or comparable qualification from a university recognized by the Commission for University Education.
- Masters degree in Procurement, Logistics Management, Purchasing and Supplies or its equivalent
- At least 10 years relevant experience, 5of which must be at a senior management level;
- Member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or any other relevant professional body
Competencies/Knowledge & other attributes:
- Supply chain management
- Thorough knowledge of Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015 and the Regulations thereto
- Demonstrable analytical skills and negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Well-developed report writing skills and
- Conflict management skills
How to Apply
Applicants should attach clearances from the Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board, Credit Reference Bureau, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Certificate of Good Conduct.
If you possess the above qualifications, please write quoting the Job Reference and Title on both the application letter and envelope accompanied by an up-to- date curriculum vitae, indicating your current and expected remuneration and other benefits, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, e-mail and telephone contacts.
Your curriculum vitae should indicate names, phone numbers, postal and email addresses of at least two (2) referees who are familiar with your previous academic/work experience.
Please attach copies of your educational, professional certificates, identity card or passport.
The applications should either be sent by post, e-mail,or hand delivered to the Authority’s offices located at 2nd Floor Pacis Centre, Westlands-off Waiyakiway, to be received on or before 27th June, 2017at 5:00P.M. addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority
P.O. Box 28235-00200
E-mail: [email protected]
UFAA is “an Equal Opportunity Employer”
Women and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.