DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate timely and accurate preparation of budgets, ensure budgetary controls, constantly monitor expenditure and report on variances;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and reports in an accurate and timely manner and prepare all the documents that are required to support the periodical auditing exercise;
- Prepare cash flows statements and bank reconciliations;
- Ensure that all accounting transactions comply with set financial systems and controls and initiate remedial action where this is not the case;
- Prepare and continually review aged (debtor/creditor) analysis report and advise management accordingly;
- Compile tax reports/statutory returns, ensuring that these are submitted in a timely manner to the relevant authorities and consult with tax advisors as and when necessary;
- Liaise with the external auditors during interim and annual audit and follow-up.
- Develop and maintain internal control and effective accounting system and policies for the business;
- Establish and maintain systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early-warning of cost-overruns;
- Work consultatively with the respective departments on cost reduction initiatives;
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders including banks, suppliers, and key customers;
- Confirm financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data;
- Maintain accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts; defining accounting policies;
- Enforce current accounting regulations and recommend new procedures for proposed legislation.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- University Degree in Commerce, Accounts, Finance or other business related field from a recognized university.
- Fully qualified Accountant (CPA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent).
- A member of ICPAK or any other related/relevant professional body;
- At least 3 years’ experience in a busy commercial office
- Sound knowledge of the financial industry, accounting principles and regulatory guidelines.
- Experience in dealing with Statutory and Internal Auditors;
- Excellent planning, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Knowledge and hands on experience in office automation tools
- Ability to work accurately and effectively with multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast paced environment;
How to Apply
Apply by attaching and sending your current CV indicating on the subject line the job title as advertised to [email protected]. Kindly mention where you saw the job advert. Applications to be received latest by 5th December 2016. Only qualified candidates will be acknowledged