Job Title: Kitchen & Office CleanerÂ
Location: Based in Korogocho Slums, Nairobi Kenya
Expected Date of Appointment: 01 /06/ 2016
Job ID: UJAMAA â€“ OFFICE CLEANER
Closing Date: 20/05/2016
Company Profile: UJAMAA â€“ Africa is an NGO whose mission is to promote health, personal security and economic empowerment for vulnerable women and children.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesÂ
- Efficiently running the kitchen department.
- Office cleaning- designated areas of operation which include window panes, walls, store, washrooms and floors.
- Making and Serving tea in all departments and collecting used teacups and plates.
- Emptying waste bins or similar receptacles, transporting waste material to designated collection points
- Sweeping floors with brushes or dust control mops.
- Mopping floors with wet or damp mops.
- To dust, damp wipe, wash or polish furniture, window sills, and external surfaces of cupboards, radiators, shelves and fitments.
- To replenish consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, paper towels) if required within the contract.
- To clean toilets, urinals, hand basins, sinks, baths, showers and drinking fountains.
- The use of cleaning detergents in executing cleaning operations or maintenance procedures, after receiving proper instructions and training.
- To clean walls and window panes to a height no greater than body height plus an armâ€™s extension from floor level, during periodic cleaning and maintenance programs.
- Required to clean cookers and work surface areas.
- To carry out any other duties within the overall function of the job.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Kiswahili
- Friendly and able to deal Professionally with other workers and customers while on site
- Ability to work in a team where members depend on each other to get work done
- The desire to learn, seek new challenges and take on additional responsibilities
- Good common sense with the ability to solve practical problems
- A self- starter with the ability to identify work that needs to be done and do it without being instructed to do so.
Education, Certifications and / or ExperienceÂ
- Ordinary Level Certificate
- A Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) holder can also apply.
- Previous work experience in a cleaning firm will be an added advantage but is not a must.
- A Certificate in customer service is an advantage
- Aged between 25 and 35 years
Â Â Â How to Apply
Â Â Â
- To apply send your CV and application letter, to [email protected] Include the Job Title in the subject line.
- NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- NO CANVASSING, only EMAIL applications to the above address will be considered.
- Deadline: 20th May 2016