Start Date: Immediately
Ujamaa-Africa, is an NGO that empowers orphan guardians, through micro-enterprise in Korogocho, Kariobangi.
We are looking to hire an accountant to maintain the financial aspect of our organization, efficiently and effectively in accordance to the standards and procedures set.
- Bachelors degree in any accounting/ finance/ business related field.
- CPA (K) or other equivalent professional qualification
- Proficiency in computer application packages and QuickBooks.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience with a Non-Governmental Organization
- Strong planning, organizational and analytical skills.
- Process thinker, excellent communicator, excellent interpersonal skills, high degree of integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and highly innovative environment.
- Experience in Donor funded projects will be an added advantage
1. Check and review financial transaction
- Check on supporting documents such as: requisition, advance form, invoices, receipts and other supporting documents that are available and comply with Ujamaa Africa’s financial policy.
- Check and make sure that all Bank/Cash vouchers and checks are properly issued.
- Follow up on Bank/Cash Voucher and Receipt Voucher to be in order.
- Check on issuing the Receipt of any incomes /loan repayments or funds received and make prompt deposits into the bank/cash accounts.
- Check on weekly and monthly cash reconciliation.
- Check and follow up on the cash/fund transfer to staff and departments.
- Issue and track petty cash requisition for all departments within Ujamaa Africa
- Account for all financial activities, for Ujamaa Africa.
- Accurate review of all financial commitments against budgets in compliance with UJAMAA policies and procedures.
- Accurate and timely preparation and consolidation of financial reports.
- Accurate and timely preparation of reconciliation for cash, for both inter-office accounts and out of office
- Accurate update of payroll system and timely processing of monthly payroll and period-end statutory returns.
- Proper maintenance and management of all financial documents in an orderly manner.
- Create and follow a filing system that is simple and easy to retrieve files.
- Post details of the daily transactions to the existing accounting software in this case Quick Books.
- Prepare & compute withholding taxes and other statutory deductions in accordance to the Law.
- From time to time prepare periodical financial reports as requested by donors and Management
2. Project Accounting
- Review all budgets for each project and all budget modifications and submit the same to the Finance Manager for incorporation into country budgets, frequently visit all projects areas to verify that resources are optimally used liquidated and submit a project visits report to Finance Manager and management committee.
- Assessment of partner gaps in the financial management of projects and prepare action plan for addressing such gaps
- Review of payment requests, Review grants related Project Outlines to ensure that all agreed outputs and account lines have been used and then attach account lines to Grant Agreement Documents (GAD) in general Ledger.
- Preparing monthly grant financial reports for review as well as quarterly reports for donors in compliance with the GAD requirements/donor requirements using relevant reporting tools
- Consolidating monthly, quarterly and annual donor reports and reconciliations for donor funded projects in the Headquarter;
- Ensure financial compliance with the donor contracts for projects assigned and all projects;
- Preparing and submitting donor reports for assigned projects;
- Support fundraising by getting involved in proposal writing and budget development;
- Coordinating management of the partners working in various projects in terms of partnership assessments, grants advancing & follow up and capacity building;
- Evaluating and processing cash requests for all projects and ensuring funds are available for project implementation;
- Facilitate preparation of donor proposal budgets
- Facilitate preparation of budget revisions with the budget holder.
- It should include your scores or grades and other measures of academic achievement, and details about any relevant work experience and current remuneration and contacts of three professional references.
3. Others Tasks:
- Liaising with Ujamaa Africa SACCO officials to ensure instructions relating to member contributions are effected into the payroll in good time.
- Timely remittance of payments relating to statutory deductions to avoid penalties
- Assist with preparation of payroll and payroll deductions
- Assist in the management of audit (internal and external) process.
- Participate in management meetings.
- Perform other duties as required by Ujamaa Africa Management.
- Maintains the fixed asset inventory system by supervising the recording of all items in the inventory.
- Maintaining pertinent records and ensuring adequate treatment of fixed asset acquisitions and retirements.
- Ujamaa Africa Code of Conduct
- To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in Ujamaa Africa Code of Conduct.
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, please send a detailed and updated curriculum vitae to: [email protected] by 24th September, 2015 by 5 P.M.
It should include your scores or grades and other measures of academic achievement, and details about any relevant work experience and CURRENT REMUNERATION and contacts of three professional references.