The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of
WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, nutrition and food assistance for assets creation through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan candidates.
Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Administrative Assistant Job Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Administrative Assistant (Assets Management) and overall supervision of the Head of Administration Unit, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Maintain up-to-date Global Equipment Management System (GEMS) records of all assets/inventory items for the Country Office and Area Offices;
- Generate regular assets reports from Corporate Assets Management Database-(GEMS), review data integrity, analyse data to identify inconsistencies if any, and recommend corrective action;
- Perform Fixed Assets reconciliation on a monthly basis;
- Compile a list of old, obsolete/disposable assets/inventory items for the Country office and present to the Local Property Survey Board (LPSB);
- Prepare and maintain records for new inventory items and match them against the Purchase Order, invoice and delivery;
- Promptly raise Good Receipt Notes (GRN) in WINGS II; attaching inventory labels to the procured assets and assignment to the responsible unit;
- Compile and prepare reports for informative decision making and to support the effective and timely management of WFP resources;
- Conduct Physical Count of Assets (PCA) as per corporate timelines, investigate and report discrepancies (loss, damages, unserviceable property) if any, and present to the LPSB with appropriate suggestions for structured deliberations and policy compliant recommendations;
- Monitor the implementation of LPSB recommendations to ensure that all recommendations are acted on;
- Ensure that any transfers of WFP property to government counterparts, cooperative partners, retailers are duly recorded in line with corporate procedures;
- Ensure payment for assets related supplies and/or services are processed promptly and expenditure recognized/accrued in WINGS as per IPSAS requirements;
- Respond promptly to a range of assets related queries;
- Provide training and guidance to Asset Management Focal Persons on processing of GEMS/WINGS transactions including on-the-job training;
- Conduct oversight of asset management activities in Area Offices across Somalia;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications for the Responsibilities:
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in administration or other field related to functional is desirable.
- Experience: Four years of progressively responsible support experience in general administrative work including at least one year in the field of inventory and assets management.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is a requirement.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Has demonstrated an ability to perform all routine administrative activities in line with WFPs operating standards through day-to-day work.
- General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures and in the area of work would be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment using the following link:
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded.
Closing Date: 20th June 2018