UN-Habitat Job Vacancy : Research & Policy Analysis Internships
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, is the agency for human settlements. It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all.
The UN-HABITAT Research and Policy Analysis internship is for 3 months with a possibility for extension depending on the needs of the Organization.
The Internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
Research & Policy Analysis Internship Responsibilities
- Conduct research and literature review for the State of Saudi Cities Report 2018;
- Contribute to the concept note and outline of the State of Saudi Cities Report 2018;
- Contribute to the outline and substantive review of the various chapters of the State of Saudi Cities Report 2018;
- Assist in the provision of illustrative materials including text boxes and verify accuracy of information in the various chapters of the State of Saudi Cities Report 2018;
- Compile relevant bibliography for the State of Saudi Cities Report 2018;
- Collect and analyze secondary data relating to the State of Saudi Cities Report 2018;
- Support organization of stakeholder engagement as well as preparation of report proceedings.
- Contribute to the review of data tables for consistency, errors and compliance with the agreed structure, categorization of countries, cities and indicators;
- Perform other research-related tasks pertaining to the flagship report.
Qualifications for the Research & Policy Analysis Internship
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications.
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another UN Language is desirable.
How to Apply