Please note that this vacancy is open only to nationals of Kenya
Closing Date: 17 June 2016 (5.00 p.m. New York time)
Duration: One year (renewable) [i]
[i] No expectancy of renewal in accordance with UN Staff Regulation 4.5
The Administrative Associate is located in Country Offices (CO) and reports to the Operations Analyst.
The Administrative Associate delivers quality services in HR, Administration, Asset Management, Travel and supply chain logistics to internal and external clients mastering all relevant rules, guidelines, processes and procedures. S/he takes a client-oriented results-focused approach to interpreting the rules, procedures and guidelines, providing support and guidance to the CO and UNFPA-supported projects.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manages in country logistics related to internationally procured commodities to ensure timely delivery, inspection, storage and hand over to implementing partners. Acts as the focal point for Inventory in Channel.
- Contributes to the smooth running of the office by ensuring the provision and maintenance of services and supplies following-up processes and maintaining up-to-date inventory and records.
- Up-date office asset management module in Atlas with newly acquired equipment and remove disposals. Generate and produce relevant periodical asset reports for monitoring. Update all office fixed assets in the Atlas Asset Management Module.
- Undertake issuance and registration of assets, periodic physical check of the UNFPA CO fixed assets for reconciliation with the Atlas system-generated records. Prepare asset tags for physical identification. Assist in retirement of disposed fixed assets from Atlas Asset Management Module.
- Undertakes procurement of air travel for UNFPA staff, consultants, sponsored meeting participants in accordance to the policy guidelines.
- Prepares Note Verbales for visa processing for staff on duty travel and follows up on visa issuance.
- Prepare protocol documents such as and not limited to Value Added Tax (VAT), PRO1B, PRO1C, DA1’s, and vehicles registration documentation.
- Performs backstopping functions for Human Resource.Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor, International Operations Manager, Deputy Representative and Representative
Qualifications and Experience
- Secondary Education.
- First level university degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Professional qualifications in the areas of administration, finance, human resources or procurement is desirable.
Knowledge and Experience
- Six years of relevant experience in administration, finance or office management.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Kiswahili is desirable.
- Exemplifying integrity
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
- Embracing cultural diversity
- Embracing change
- Achieving results
- Being accountable
- Developing and applying professional expertise/ business acumen
- Thinking analytically and strategicall
- Working in teams/ managing ourselves and our relationships
- Communicating for impact
- Providing strategic focus
- Engaging internal/external partners and stakeholders
- Leading, developing and empowering people/ creating a culture of performance
- Making decisions and exercising judgment
Functional Skill Set
- Providing logistical support
- Managing data
- Managing documents, correspondence and reports
- Managing information and work flow
- Planning, organizing and multitasking
- Supporting financial data analysis
UNFPA Work Environment
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, respect for diversity, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
Notice: There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process. UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
This is a project funded post.