East and Southern Africa
Please note that this vacancy is open only to nationals of Kenya
Closing Date: 17 June 2016 (5.00 p.m. New York time)
Duration: One year (renewable) [i]
No expectancy of renewal in accordance with UN Staff Regulation 4.5
The post of Office Assistant/Clerk is located in UNFPA Country Offices and reports to the Operations Analyst.
The Office Assistant/Clerk provides efficient clerical duties for the country office. The function is expected to enhance efficient and reliable documentation management, stationery management and protocol services.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provides an efficient registry function through receipt, recording and circulating/distributing of incoming mail and pouch. Prepares and records outgoing mail for dispatch.
- Undertakes filing of official documentation for the country office with guidance from the programme and operations teams.
- Follows up on approval of protocol documents such as and not limited to Value Added Tax (VAT), PRO1B, PRO1C, DA1’s, and vehicles registration documentation.
- Manages the stationery store to efficiently; distributes stationery to staff as required and prepares restocking requests on a quarterly basis.
- Assists with efficient distribution of visibility material with guidance from the programme and operations teams.
- Undertakes other duties as assigned by the Operations Analyst and International Operations Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Completed Secondary Level Education.
- Experience in registry functions or protocol is desirable.
Knowledge and Experience
- Three years work experience as a registry clerk in an international organization, embassy or UN system.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of Kiswahili is desirable.
- Exemplifying integrity
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
- Embracing cultural diversity
- Embracing change
- Achieving results
- Being accountable
- Developing and applying professional expertise/ business acumen
- Thinking analytically and strategically
- Working in teams/ managing ourselves and our relationships
- Communicating for impact
Functional Skill Set
- Providing logistical support
- Managing data
- Managing documents, correspondence and reports
- Managing information and work flow
- Planning, organizing and multitasking
UNFPA Work Environment
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, respect for diversity, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
Notice: There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process. UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
This is a project funded post.