If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under the general supervision of the Regional Nutrition Adviser and the Senior C4D Specialist, performs a variety of information gathering, monitoring, technical and administrative services of moderate scope and difficulty, in support of Nutrition and C4D programme activities.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
- Collects information mainly from records and reports and prepares periodic and ad hoc reports on programme and project activities.
- Organizes data and information, prepares and maintains records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation
- Contributes to the preparation of reports, project documents and submissions by providing information, preparing tables and drafting relatively routine sections.
- Prepares background information for use in discussions within the office and with other organizations. Participates in the briefing and debriefing of project personnel.
- Scrutinizes plans of operations, exchanges of letters and takes appropriate follow-up action. Assists in the administrative process of travel requests of staff of nutrition unit.
- May be required to carry out specific administrative operational/control tasks for project/programme activities.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in a field related to the work of the organization.
Six years of progressively responsible clerical or administrative work, of which at least one year is closely related to support of programme activities.
Applying Technical Expertise [II]
Following instructions and Procedures [II]
Planning and Organizing [II]
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Advertised: May 27 2016 E. Africa Standard Time
Application close: Jun 10 2016 E. Africa Standard Time