Facilities Management & Transportation Section Jobs at UN
Facilities Management & Transportation Section Job Responsibilities
- Plan and oversee the management of activities undertaken by the Unit/Section; ensure that substantive work programmes and programmed activities are carried out in a timely fashion, coordinating diverse projects in the
- Unit/Section and in liaison with other organizations of the United Nations System, as appropriate.
- Manage, supervise and carry out the work programme of the Unit/Section under his/her responsibility. Co-ordinate the work carried out by the Unit/Section; provide programmatic and substantive review of drafts prepared by others.
- Provide substantive input in the preparation of position papers and reports for presentation to intergovernmental bodies such as the Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budget Questions,
- Committee for Programme Coordination, the General Assembly and other policymaking organs, as appropriate.
- Contribute to the reporting to intergovernmental bodies on budget/programme performance or on programmatic/ substantive issues, as appropriate, particularly those presented in biannual and/or annual reports.
- Ensure that the outputs produced by the Unit/Section maintain high-quality standards; that reports are clear, objective and based on comprehensive data. Ensure that all outputs produced by the Unit/Section under his/her supervision meet required standards before completion to ensure they comply with the relevant mandates.
- Prepare inputs for the work programme of the Section determining priorities and allocating resources for the completion of outputs and their timely delivery.
- Carry out programmatic/administrative tasks necessary for the functioning of the Unit/Section, including preparation of budgets, assigning and monitoring of performance parameters and critical indicators, reporting on budget/programme performance, preparation of inputs for results-based budgeting, evaluation of staff performance (PAS), interviews of candidates for job openings and evaluation of candidates.
- Recruit staff for Unit/Section taking due account geographical and gender balance and other institutional values.
- Manage, guide, develop and train staff under his/her supervision.
- Foster teamwork and communication among staff in the Unit/Section and across organizational boundaries.
- Represent the Organization at inter-agency meetings, seminars, etc. on substantive-related issues.
- Participate in international, regional or national meetings and provide programmatic/substantive expertise on an issue, or hold programmatic/substantive and organizational discussions with representatives of other institutions.
How to Apply