Finance & Budget Officer Jobs at UN
Finance & Budget Officer Job Responsibilities
- Reviews, analyses and finalizes the preparation of the medium-term plan and its revisions on the basis of departmental submissions, taking into account recommendations and decisions of specialized inter-governmental bodies.
- Provides substantive support to relevant intergovernmental and expert bodies in their review of the medium-term plan and its revisions; assists in securing approval from the United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA) and the General Assembly.
- Ensures legislative mandates are accurately translated into programme budgets in line with GEF requirements
- Reviews and analyses data with respect to the finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals, in terms of staff and non-staff requirements from (a) Divisions at Headquarters and in the out-posted offices, including programmatic aspects; and (b) Ensure compliance with the medium-term plan, strategic framework and other legislative mandates.
- Provides support to managers with respect to the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions.
- Reviews, analyses and provides input into finalization of programme budget/financial implications in light of additional mandates reuired by GEF.
- Provides substantive support to relevant intergovernmental and expert bodies in their budget review; assists in securing approval from the General Assembly and UNEA.
- Issues allotments, including redeployment of funds when necessary, ensuring appropriate expenditures.
- Monitors budget implementation and determines/recommends reallocation of funds when necessary.
- Monitors expenditures to ensure that they remain within authorized levels.
- Administers and monitors extra-budgetary resources, including review of agreements and cost plans, ensuring compliance with regulations and rules and established policies and procedures.
- Prepares relevant documentation with respect to budget performance submissions.
- Reviews and makes appropriate recommendations with respect to the finalization of budget performance reports, analysing variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures.
- Provides substantive support to intergovernmental and legislative bodies.
- Prepare and maintain a forecast for the life of all the active GEF Chemicals and Waste projects detailing the annual and the quarterly expenditure estimates.
- Keeps up-to-date on documents/reports/guidelines that have a bearing on matters related to programme budgets, ensuring compliance with intergovernmental recommendations and decisions as well as with United
- Nations policies and procedures;
- Manages the financial aspects of the portfolio of UNEP Chemicals and Wastes GEF funded projects;
- Monitors and supervises the work of subordinate staff as required;
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
How to Apply