Driver Jobs at UNOCHA
UNOCHA’s role is to coordinate effective and principled inter-agency humanitarian response and ensure that relief assistance reaches the people who need it in a timely manner.
Driver Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Ensures maintenance of clerical system focusing on achievement of the following results:
Requirements for the Driver Job
- Secondary Education.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- 3 years of relevant work experience as a driver;
- Safe driving record;
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair;
- Ability to work with computer and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Previous work experience with UN organization and International NGO is desirable.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply