Team Assistant Job at UN Habitat
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-HABITAT, is the focal point for human settlements in the United Nations. It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all.
This post is located in the Urban Planning and Design Branch (UPDB), Climate Change Planning Unit (CCPU) of UN-HABITAT at the Nairobi duty station.
Team Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Within limits of delegated authority and depending on location, Team Assistants at this level may be responsible for the following duties: (These duties are generic, and may not be performed by all Team Assistants.)
- Provides general office support services to help ensure the smooth functioning of an organizational unit.
- Uses standard word processing package to produce a variety of routine correspondence, reports, tables, charts, graphs, etc., in accordance with institutional standards.
- Proofreads written products for completeness and grammatical and typographical accuracy.
- Maintains calendar/schedules; monitors changes and communicates relevant information to appropriate staff inside and outside the immediate work unit.
- Reviews, records, routes and/or processes mail or other documents; gathers pertinent background material; tracks and monitors follow-up action as required.
- Receives phone call and visitors, and responds to routine inquiries and information requests, including drafting routine written responses, or routes to appropriate personnel for handling as required.
- Maintains files (both paper and electronic) and databases for work unit.
- Updates and maintains large distribution lists; assemble documents, reports and other materials for global dissemination, where possible using electronic formats; coordinates courier services.
- Performs basic data entry and extraction functions.
- Checks accuracy of simple calculations, codings, data, etc.
- Performs a variety of administrative duties (e.g. leave recording, meeting organization, reservations, office supply and equipment orders, etc.), including preparing and/or processing administrative requests/documents (e.g. travel requests, expense claims, vouchers, visa applications, etc.).
- Photocopies a variety of documents and other materials.
- Operates and maintains a variety of office equipment in the performance of basic office functions, e.g. photocopier, facsimile, printer, scanner, etc.
- Delivers urgent mail/messages.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements for the Team Assistant Job
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have passed the United Nations Administrative
- Support Assessment Test (ASAT) at Headquarters or an equivalent locally-administered test at Offices Away.
- Completion of a university-level degree in administration, project management, accounting, human resources or related area is preferred.
- At least three years of experience in general office support or related area is desirable.
- One or more years of experience in a UN office is preferred.
How to Apply
All applications should be submitted to
Ms. Esther Osunga-Wanjala
P.O. Box 30030, 00100 Nairobi, Kenya
Email: [email protected]
Deadline for applications: 20th April 2017
UN-Habitat does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. If you have any questions concerning persons or companies claiming to be recruiting on behalf of these offices and requesting the payment of a fee, please contact: [email protected]