Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
Vacancy Announcement No: FAO/27/2015
Position Title: Jnr Travel Assistant
Grade Level: SC3 Contract type: Service Contract
Duty Station: Nairobi Organizational Unit: FAO-Somalia
Duration: 3 months
Eligible Candidates: Kenyan nationals only
Anticipated start date: Immediately General Description of Tasks and Objectives to be Achieved: Under the overall supervision of the Officer in Charge (O.I.C.) for FAO Somalia and the Senior Administrative Officer, and direct supervision of the Finance and Administration Officer, the incumbent will provide support to the
- Administrative office operations performing a variety of standard administrative and travel processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
- He/she will additionally;
- Undertake travel preparation and planning of travel activities in GRMS;
- Prepare travel arrangements and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, and ensure preparation for the arrival of VIPs and coordinate their reception at the airport;
- Arrange and coordinate training venues and accommodation for invited participants to trainings/workshops/seminars/meetings. In addition, ensure completion of security requirements by Travellers
- Arrange, coordinate t and follow up of issuance of Travel Authorizations by Headquarters;
- In liaison with the Protocol focal point, prepare requests for travel visas, and follow-up regarding their issuance from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Support the collection of information for DSA, travel agencies and other administrative surveys;
- Maintain the Travel team filing system ensuring safekeeping and accuracy of travel documents and materials;
- Control all travel expense claims ensuring the signature of travellers & Budget Holders or approving officers, adequacy of supporting documents, and compliance with authorised final itinerary;
- Extract data from various sources and cost analysis of travel services to units;
- Research and retrieve statistical data from internal and external sources and prepare statistical charts, tables and reports on travel operations;
- Assist in the preparation of budget for travel, meetings, workshop events, and provision of information for audit;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Secondary school education or equivalent commercial school. Bachelor’s degree in general Administration or Travel management will be an advantage.Work Experience: Minimum of two (2) years relevant administrative and travel operations experience in an International Organization.
Languages: Working knowledge (level C) of the FAO official language used for communication within the country and working knowledge of the local language is required.
- IT Skills:
- Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Exchange) etc.
- Ability to use accounting software and other information systems and databases to insert data, make enquiries, retrieve/define ad hoc reports and analyses and edit results in appropriate format.
- Office Management Skills:
- Systematic, well-structured and efficient approach to work assignments.
- Analytical ability, accuracy and consistency.
- Exercise diligence and care in dealing with records and expenditures.
- Interpersonal Communications and Teamwork Skills:
- The incumbent must possess a cooperative spirit, flexibility and openness to work in an international environment.
- Tact and courtesy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural background.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to submit
(1) a covering letter,
(2) detailed Curriculum Vitae and
(3) Personal Profile form (PPF) from FAO iRecruitment.
To create the PPF, please follow the instructions available at: http://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/
In order for your application to be properly evaluated, please ensure that all sections of the on-line profile are completed.Please send your application to [email protected] quoting the Position Title and Vacancy Announcement No. “Jnr Travel Assistant FAO 27 2015” in the subject heading.
Deadline: 8th Aug 2015
Applications received after the closing date and applications without all the specified/ required documents will not be given consideration.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.