Job Title: Contract Management Assistant
Organization: United Nations Entebbe Support Base (UNESB)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Job Opening Number: ESB-2016-GS-HRS-005
The United Nations Entebbe Support Base (UNESB) was established by MONUSCO (formerly MONUC) in May 2003 with 30 staff occupying 500sqm on the Entebbe International Airport to provide logistics and operational support to Eastern DRC. Since its establishment, the proven operational capabilities of this facility coupled with the strategic location to neighboring missions, the reliable logistic infrastructure and the political stability of Uganda were all valuable considerations which prompted the expansion of ESB to its current capacity.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Under the overall supervision of the CCMU, the Contract Management Assistant shall be responsible for:
- Ensure full compliance of contracts management activities with UN rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, and proper functioning of a client-oriented contracts management system
- Assist as assigned in implementing the CMU’s work program, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), policy initiatives and projects
- Maintenance of files of rules, regulations, administrative instructions and other related documents (both paper and electronic)
- Maintain the filing and archive system pertaining to all contracts management activities; keeps track and update of any contractual agreements, direct provisioning contracts, etc. and informs affected users of contractual rights and obligations
- Draft relevant correspondence; prepare reports on the progress of work in the Team
- Keep updated with the Contract expiry dates, NTE values, etc. and alert relevant Self Accounting Units (SAUs) accordingly
- Keep track of performance bonds, insurance policy, etc. required by the Contract, monitor expiry dates and alert the CCMU in the event that they expire while the contracts are still in force
- Maintain databases relating to management of Contracts information e.g. equipment and personnel records, and prepare spreadsheet reports or summaries, etc. as required
- Keenly track all UN owned equipment (UNOE) which have been issued to the Contractors and prepare spreadsheet for asset management purpose. Liaise with Self Accounting Units (SAUs) to ensure that all UNOE are registered on the Mission’s inventory system
- Ensure that the SAUs comply with procedure to obtain duly signed General Release forms for use of UNOE (e.g. vehicles)
- Prepare and submit periodic reports as required
- Assist in review the Contract and preparation of Contract Management Tools (e.g. Fact Sheet and Data Requirement List, etc.) for quick reference to Contract terms and conditions
- Assist in monitoring performance of the Vendors/Contractors, preparation of Minutes of performance review meetings and taking follow-up action as necessary, to ensure timely delivery of goods and services ordered and in compliance with the terms and condition of relevant purchase order and Contracts
- Assist in compiling cost of commodities and services provided to MONUSCO Contractors and recovering such costs. Update electronic and hard copies of this information monthly
- Assist in coordination of timely completion/submission of Periodic Contractor’s Performance Reports required by LSD and PD/PS; generate various status reports for audit trail.
- Assist in contract close out procedures
- Perform any other duties as required and/or as directed by the CCMU
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations Entebbe Support Base (ESB) Contract Management Assistant job placement should hold a High School Diploma or equivalent is mandatory. A training course in the area of contracts management, procurement and project management or any related field would be an asset; a University degree would be an asset.
- A minimum of four years’ experience in the field of procurement/contract management and/or logistics/project management at the national or international level. Experience in construction projects and with United Nations or NGO an asset
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations. Fluency in written and spoken English with excellent communication and drafting skills for this position is required.
- Professionalism – Good understanding of the functions of the post. Hands-on experience in contract management. Experience in legal aspects of contract management an asset. Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to the area of work; good research, analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to apply judgment in the work environment.
- Planning & Organizing – Good organizational skills and ability to handle work in an efficient and timely manner; ability to apply organizational contracts management policies and procedures; ability to organize work, prepare reports, and handle administrative duties; ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Communications – Good communication skills (spoken and written), including ability to draft and edit standard correspondence.
NB: The United Nations does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, or training). The United Nations does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates should send their applications the following documents:
- Cover Letter (letter of motivation or application letter);
- The United Nations Personal History form (P-11), Download Here;
- Proof of required academic certificates i.e. Academic Certificate(s) and/or High School/Secondary Diplomas
- Copy of birth certificate; or copy of National ID; or copy of Passport.
- Employment verification letter from most recent employer (for external applicants)
- Internal candidates must submit 2 most recent performance evaluations (e-PAS) and external candidates must submit two reference letters