Job Title: Monitoring Assistant
Organization: World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Senior Programme Assistant
Position Grade: SC 4
Reference Number: 16-0020777
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger. It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas namely: Emergency Humanitarian Action (EHA); Food & Nutrition Security (FNS); and Agriculture & Market Support (AMS). WFP has operations in various parts of the Country.
Job Summary: The Monitoring Assistant will be responsible for monitoring WFP programmes in the coverage areas.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of the assistance programme at the local level, in close collaboration with the cooperating partners;
- Keenly monitor and review the overall commodity movements such as food deliveries, storage, transport and distribution at the site and verify if the amounts received have been properly recorded, damaged or suspected to be damaged;
- Supervise the efficient distribution of food items at the site and ensure proper distribution of entitlements and verify appropriate entitlements are distributed and provide feedback to Field Officers and others on the distribution;
- Assist on the conduct of regular meetings of refugee leaders and cooperating partners on the commodity pipeline, distribution arrangements, food entitlements and other relevant issues;
- Support in the implementation of the plan of action, review achievement and constraints and provide feedback accordingly;
- Render support in encouraging women’s access to economic skills development and sensitizing public opinion on gender issues and gender focused activities;
- Report periodically to the supervisor on relevant events regarding food management, distribution and other related issues;
- The jobholder will play a role in the identification of any apparent issues in the programme and report them to the appropriate personnel;
- Supervise and train other personnel as appropriate;
- Perform other related duties as required by the Senior Programme Assistant.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Monitoring Assistant job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Sciences, Nutrition, Agriculture obtained from a recognized institution;
- A minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible support experience including at least one year in the field of statistics or refugee operations gained from a reputable organization;
- Applicants should have the ability to interpret and analyze a wide variety of Programme issues, statistical information, maintain accurate and precise records, work effectively with people of different national and cultural background
- Computer literacy i.e. working knowledge and skills in using MS Office applications;
- Excellent command of both written & oral English is essential;
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the United Nations World Food Programme to submit their applications online, Click Here
Step 1: Register and create your online CV
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NB: You must complete Step 1 and 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Deadline: 24th March 2016