Under the guidance and direct supervision of the ICT Analyst, the ICT Support Assistant provides ICT and administrative support services as well as daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure in the Nairobi Support Office.
The ICT Support Assistant works in close collaboration with the Front Office, Management Support and Business Development, Programme and Operations teams in the CO for resolving ICT-related issues.
ICT Assistant Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Support to implementation of ICT systems
- Effective functioning of the Nairobi Support Office hardware and software packages
- Support to network administration
- Provision of administrative support
Supports implementation of ICT management systems and strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the CO technology environment;
- Provision of inputs to the result-oriented Unit workplan.
Ensures effective functioning of the Nairobi Support Office hardware and software packages, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Performance of routine technical tasks, including troubleshooting of ICT hardware equipment in the office i.e. laptops, desktops, printers, digital senders, etc;
- Support in the installation of commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades;
- Assistance in upgrading patch and anti-virus programs on a timely basis as well as support to users in virus detection, removal and prevention;
- Assist end users resolve queries related to use of deployed software applications in the office.
Supports network administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Response to user needs and questions regarding network and email access;
- Assistance in backup and restoration procedures for local drives.
Provides administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of software and hardware;
- Provision of ICT support to End Users;
- Maintenance of Unit’s files on the ICT document library on the intranet;
- Extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources.
Promoting Organizational Learning And Knowledge Sharing
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Documents innovative strategies and new approaches;
- Identifies and communicates opportunities to promote learning and knowledge sharing.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position (asset management);
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures related to the asset management and applies them consistently in work tasks;
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions;
- Documents processes to support change initiatives.
- Design and Implementation of Management Systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems;
- Makes recommendations related to work procedures and implementation of management systems.
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines;
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients;
- Responds to client needs promptly.
- Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
- Prepares timely inputs to reports;
- Maintains databases.
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience for ICT Assistant Job
- Secondary education with specialized formal training on IT systems, business software (Microsoft Office) and web-based applications, ICDL certification, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) is desirable but not required.
- 5 years of relevant working experience in IT and administration.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
How to Apply
Click here to apply