LCE English Interpreters Job Responsibilities
- Services up to seven meetings per week (exceptionally eight), usually of no more than three hours duration, of various United Nations bodies.
- English interpreters provide interpretation into English of speeches given in French and Russian or Spanish.
- May occasionally be assigned to sensitive meetings.
- May function as team leader of all interpreters assigned to a given meeting.
- May perform other related duties, as required.
Qualifications for the LCE English Interpreters Job
- Hold at least a three-year first level university degree from a recognized school of interpretation in which at least one full academic year is devoted to interpretation.
- Alternatively, applicants must hold a three-year first level degree or an equivalent qualification from a university or institution of equivalent status at which English is the language of instruction, and have 200 days of experience as conference interpreters or 200 days of work experience in the fields of translation, editing, verbatim reporting or other related fields.
- The Board of Examiners may, at its discretion, admit an applicant graduating from a university whose principal language of instruction is other than English provided he/she has adequate secondary educational qualifications from an establishment at which the principal language is English.
- Work experience as conference interpreters and/or work experience in the fields of translation, editing, verbatim reporting or other related fields will be an asset.
How to Apply