Procurement Officer Jobs at UN
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the UN Headquarters in Africa and the representative office of the Secretary-General.
We support programme implementation of the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) and the UN Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT) globally, as well as other UN offices in Kenya, by providing administrative, conference and information services. (www.unon.org).
Under the supervision of the Chief, Procurement Section, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
Procurement Officer Job Responsibilities
- Plan, develop and manage all procurement and contractual aspects of projects of significant complexity related to world wide procurement of diverse services and commodities.
- Provide technical advice on procurement activities to officials of substantive units during all phases of procurement cycle.
- Supervise/oversee preparation and distribution of invitations to tender and manage/conduct all aspects of the tender exercise.
- Utilise establishment procurement procedures to clarify and solve procurement-related queries from requisitioners.
- Establish and maintain work program and time frames for processing requests in accordance with the procurement manual.
- Develop and prepare contracts for the procurement of goods and services; Issue international tender invitations;
- Evaluate responses and make recommendations for the finalisation of purchase and award of contracts;
- Approve procurement orders up to the authorised limits and prepare draft submissions for the CPO before presentation to the local committees on contacts for review and subsequent approval by the authorised official.
- Conduct market research via internet and trade publications to keep abreast of market developments; Research and analyse statistical data, market reports and availability of goods and services.
- Oversee adherence to contractual agreements, recommend amendments and advise vendors and requisitioners on contractual rights and obligation; Conduct or coordinate all phases of negotiation of disputes arising from contacts.
- Prepare a variety of procurement-related documents, contacts, communication and guidelines.
How to Apply