Assistant Pharmacist Job At UNSOS NGO
Deadline For Applications: 13 July 2016
Date Of Issuance: 29 June 2016
Functional Title: Assistant Pharmacist
Type Of Contract: Fixed Term Appointment
Duration Of Contract One (01) Year
Assistant Pharmacist Job Purpose
This position is located in Mombasa .The Incumbent will be under the overall supervision of the Chief Mombasa Support and the direct supervision of Head of Unit, Inbound/Outbound Logistics Operations.
Assistant Pharmacist Job Responsibilities
- Within delegated authority, the Assistant Pharmacist will be responsible for the day-to-day advice on pharmaceuticals issues; contribute to the facilitations of an unimpeded supply of medical supplies; manage inventory (warehouse), provide custody and/or distribution of drugs within the mission area.
- Maintain and monitor the inventory of the Medical items and pharmacy
- Provide support in defining specification of drugs ,medical consumables and medical equipment
- Assist in the day-to-day activities of the pharmacy and medical warehouse of the Medical Section
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly write-off, of expired items, such as drugs, medical supplies, and medical consumables in the pharmacy and warehouse, and submit reports documenting the write-offs
- Maintain and keep up-to-date files pertaining to the pharmacy
- Maintain and secure proper storing conditions of drugs and medical consumables within pharmacy
- Inspect all items delivered to the Medical Section
- Pack and prepare medical supplies and medical consumables for distribution to various sectors as requested
- Assist in the transportation of medical items to be dispatched to all sectors
- Prepare and package drugs, medical supplies and equipment for onward transfer to mission clinics located in operational regions within mission area
- Assist in monitoring the supply of drugs, medical supplies, medical consumables, vaccines and blood in the Mission
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Offer day-today advice on pharmaceutical issues
- Supply medication and medical related items to UN staff providing adequate expertise and explanation on consumption and usage directions
- Provide clients with pharmacological explanations of drugs and warn them of risks
- Prepare and distribute individual first aid medical kits to UN staff and provide administrative support in maintaining records and statistics on the kits
- Perform other duties as required.
- Professionalism: Knowledge of the organization’s rules and regulations as they pertain to supply, purchasing and logistics.
- Demonstrated use of initiative and ability to make appropriate linkages in work requirements and anticipate next steps.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Planning& Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view;
- Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect;
- Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions;
- Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects;
- Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Qualifications For Assistant Pharmacist Job
- Education: First level university degree in pharmaceutical studies.
- Experience: A minimum of two years progressively responsible experience in pharmaceutical work or related area. Experience in an international organization is desirable.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English both oral and written is required. Knowledge of another United Nations official language is an advantage.
- Assessment Method: Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by
How to Apply
How to Apply: Email: [email protected]