Job Title: Programme Associate
Organisation: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Position No.: 10027158
Vacancy Notice: 009/2017
Duty Station: Uganda
Post Grade: GL6
Reports to: Associate Programme Officer
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in negotiating agreements with implementing partners and ensure that IP agreements are established in conformity with UNHCR financial rules and the latest Headquarter instructions.
- Undertake proper collection, monitoring and use of baselines, standards and indicators needed to measure and analyse programme performance, trends and target interventions.
- Keenly review the implementation and performance of IPs agreements through appropriate physical monitoring to evaluate the projects by reviewing work plans, progress reports, budget, financial reports and expenditures; undertake field visits as required.
- Use UNHCR corporate tools (e.g. Global Focus, Focus Client) to assess the technical soundness of the operation and generate data for evidence-based decisions at the country-level.
- Offer support in keeping donor representatives briefed on developments and assist in the development of funding submissions, appeals and reports.
- Assist in ensuring compliance in issuance of audit certificates for Implementing Partners.
- Perform other duties as required.
Key Performance Indicators:
- The needs of persons of concern in the country are assessed and analysed in a participatory manner and using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective to form a firm basis for planning.
- IP agreements are established in a timely manner, regularly monitored and reported on in compliance with established guidelines and procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNHCR Programme Associate job placement should have secondary education with post-secondary training/ certificate in Business Administration, Social Science, International Law or related field
- At least six years of previous job experience relevant to the function
- Good computer skills (in MS office)
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language
- Completion of the UNHCR Learning Programmes or specific trainings relevant to the functions of the position
- Good Knowledge of UNHCR financial rules, procedures, and processes
- Working knowledge of UNHCR specific programmes (MSRP, Focus etc)
- Prior exposure to UNHCR refugee operations and functions relating to office administration and programme activities
How to Apply:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 23rd February 2017