UN Programme Consultant Job in Kenya
Partner United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
Job categories Programme Management
Vacancy code VA/2017/B5323/12861
Department/office AFR, KEOH, Kenya
Duty station Nairobi, Kenya
Contract type International ICA
Contract level IICA-1
Duration 6 months
Application period 08-Aug-2017 to 16-Aug-2017
Applications to vacancies must be received before midnight Copenhagen time (CET) on the closing date of the announcement.
Working under the overall guidance and supervision of the Director, Governance Affairs Office, the consultant is expected to perform the following tasks:
Objectives, output expectations and performance indicators
The work will comprise the following tasks:
- Support the preparations for inter-governmental meetings, such as the third session of the United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA-3) and related activities by:
- Coordinating all logistical and administrative duties related to the preparations of intergovernmental meetings, such as the open-ended Committee of Permanent Representatives and UNEA-3, in collaboration with UNON Conference Services;
- Providing oversight of registration of delegates, in collaboration with UNON Security; and
- Planning and ensuring proper protocol arrangements in coordinating official visits of senior governmental officials and receipt of visiting dignitaries at airports, in collaboration with Airport Authorities.
- Support the meetings and events of the UNEA’s engagement with the private sector by:
- Servicing the events, taking notes of the proceedings and producing substantive notes on outcomes of those events; and
- ensuring the production of reports/minutes of meetings and the distribution to the governments and other stakeholders.
Ultimate result of services:
- Result 1: Successful contribution of the inter-governmental meetings, such as the Open-ended Committee of Permanent Representatives and UNEA-3 and related events.
- Result 2: Improved registration process for all meetings and events organized by Governance Affairs Office.
- Result 3: Improved communication and outreach with partners, clients and other stakeholders
- A master`s degree in a relevant field such asDevelopment Studies related discipline, Development Studies, Law or and/ similar related field is required.
- A first- level university degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) with a combination of 2 additional years of relevant professional experience in Environmental Sciences related discipline, Development Studies, Law or and/ a course closely related to the nature of the position may be accepted in lieu of a Masters degree.
- At least two years’ experience working with a Government institution, international organization and/or private sector is required;
- Computer literacy;
- Ability to multi-task duties and apply practical problem-solving skills;
- Strong ability to work and interact well with diverse groups.
- Excellent working knowledge of written and spoken English is required
- Drafting skills – (required)
- Report writing skills – (required)
- Analytical skills – (required)
- Communication skills – (required)
- Communications Support skills – (required)
- Administrative support skills – (required)
- Inter-agency coordination skills – (required)
- Research skills – (required)
- Managing outreach programmes skills – (optional)
- Conferences & event administration skills – (optional)
- Event and conference management skills – (optional)
Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time Applications …
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type:International Individual Contractor Agreement (I-ICA)
Contract level: IICA 1
Contract duration: 6 months
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link: