UN Website Officer Jobs in Kenya
|Posting Title:||WEBSITE OFFICER (Lead Web Developer) – (Duration 364 Days), P3 (Temporary Job Opening)|
|Job Code Title:||WEBSITE OFFICER|
|Department/Office:||United Nations Environment Programme|
|Posting Period:||04 May 2018 – 17 May 2018|
|Job Opening Number:||18-Public Information-UNEP-96538-J-Nairobi (O)|
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Org. Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. UN Environment’s Communication Division communicates UN Environment’s core messages to all stakeholders and partners, raising environmental awareness and enhancing the profile of UN Environment worldwide. This post is located in UN Environment Communication Division at the Nairobi duty station and reports to the Chief of Digital Strategy, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
– Ensure implementation of the digital communication strategy by establishing, maintaining and developing intuitive, user-friendly and technically efficient web presence
– Contribute to design of a cutting-edge web communication strategy and conceptualize new solutions
– Manage all UN Environment’s web platforms
– Monitor UN Environment’s websites, analyze relevant information using Google analytics and other tools, and provide comprehensive monthly reports;
– Identify gaps and provide proposals for improving and increasing of web traffic
– Build capacity amongst staff with regard to web strategy by providing training
– Ensure content consistency across UN Environment web-based communication channels and ensure language coverage
– Troubleshoot and identify potential problems before they arise
– Monitor feedback and respond appropriately by leading the development of new and specialized sections and webpages
– Work closely with the Information Technology Service and Web developers to facilitate implementation of new applications;
– Perform any other related duties.
– PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of all aspects of the design, development, management, implementation and maintenance of complex web projects using web content management systems and technologies; Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of digital communications strategy, tools, approaches and practices for the creation and maintenance of high-quality communication campaigns; Strong analytical skills and ability to rapidly analyze, strategize and integrate diverse information from various multimedia and digital sources. Shows pride in work and in achievements; Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; Remains calm in stressful situations; Establish effective collaboration and partnerships with officials at all levels inside and outside the organization.
– COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience; Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
– TECHNOLOGICAL AWARENESS: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology.
Advanced University Degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in information systems, computer science, journalism, communication, public information or other related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with the two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in digital media strategy, public information, web development and management. Experience in content management systems such as Drupal is required.
English and French are the working knowledge of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
– This is a temporary Job Opening, appointment against this post is for 364 days and does not carry any expectancy, legal or otherwise of renewal
– Pursuant to section 7.11 of ST/AI/2012/2/Rev.1, candidates recruited through the young professionals programme who have not served for a minimum of two years in the position of their initial assignment are not eligible to apply to this position.
– This position is temporarily available. If the selected candidate is a staff member from the United Nations Secretariat, the selection will be administered as a temporary assignment.
– While this temporary assignment may provide the successful applicant with an opportunity to gain new work experience, the selection for this position is for a limited period and has no bearing on the future incumbency of the post.
– Subject to the funding source of the position, the eligibility for this temporary job opening may be limited to candidates based at the duty station.
– This temporary job opening may be limited to “internal candidates,” who have been recruited through a competitive examination administered according to staff rule 4.16 or staff selection process including the review of a central review body established according to staff rule 4.15.
– Staff members of the United Nations common system organizations who will reach the mandatory age of separation or retirement within the duration of the current temporary need period are not eligible to apply. Submitting an application or selection for the current temporary job opening does not delay or increase the mandatory age of separation.
– Retirees above the mandatory age of separation who wish to be considered for the current temporary job opening must indicate the reason for their last separation as “retirement.” Such retirees shall not be employed by the Organization, unless (a) the operational requirements of the Organization cannot be met by staff members who are qualified and available to perform the required functions; and (b) the proposed employment would not adversely affect the career development or redeployment opportunities of other staff members and represents both a cost-effective and operationally sound solution to meet the needs of the service.