UN World Food Programme – Somalia
Expression of Interest No. 003/09/2015
Post Title: Administrative Assistant
Contract type: Special Service Agreement
Post Grade: SSA 4
Duty Station: Berbera
Duration: 11 months
Date of issue: 30th September 2015
Closing Date: 06th October 2015
Organizational Background: The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, humanitarian air and logistics services, food coordination and emergency rehabilitation projects.
This position is open to qualified Somalia candidates with good knowledge of the local area. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the direct supervision of the assigned unit and delegated authority, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Manage Office premises, vehicle fleet and prepare vehicle rental contracts in consistence with WFP Administrative procedures whenever necessary and maintain relevant internal data base and file; keep contractual agreement;
- Draft correspondence to respond to inquiries in respect to relevant administrative matters;
- Assist in assessing and maintaining necessary internal controls pertaining to various areas of administration, assist in implementing the recommendations;
- Provide guidance and supervisors junior staffs;
- Prepare statistical table and standard reports, including monthly fuel consumption and inventory and forward to Hargeisa Area Office on monthly basis;
- Receive and check incoming invoices LPO/contracts and other documents and ensure that purchases and services are properly authorized verify that delivery of actual quantities received or service rendered against invoice documentations;
- Act as Finance Focal Person for Berbera Sub Office;
- Assist in the preparation of office budgets for monthly recurrent services/Logistic Unit and forward to Area Office for clearance;
- Collect invoice payments from the vendors and submit to Area Office on timely manner;
- Receive cash from the Area Office, paying vendors and send back all the receipts after clearing making accountabilities to Area Office;
- Create monthly SESs, GRNs, PRs and TRIPs for Hargeisa Area Office and Berbera Sub Office in WINGS.
- Act as Procurement Focal Person for Berbera Sub Office;
- Distribution and submission of tenders/RFQ/RFP to the vendors;
- Prepare Purchase Requisitions as required;
- Market survey wherever applicable;
- Receive and check incoming invoices contracts and other documents and ensure that purchases and services are properly authorized verify that delivery of actual quantities received or services rendered against invoice documentations.
- Act as Human Resource (HR) Focal Person for Berbera Sub Office;
- Receipt of staff contracts from the Country Office (CO), ensure contracts are signed and submitted to CO;
- Ensure that essential HR documents are completed and submitted to the AO/CO;
- Act as leave monitor and maintain Daily attendance recording for all staff present at duty station each day;
- Submit to the AO/CO, the monthly attendance and absence reports by 2nd of each month;
- Coordinate the entry/periodic medical examination and ensure enrollment of Eligible dependents to medical scheme;
- Focal point for medical evacuations, sick leave recording and submission of necessary documentation to AO/CO HR;
- Provide orientation for new staff, if necessary;
- Perform any other related duties as required.
Secondary school education.
At least three years of progressively responsible support experience in general administrative work.
At least one year at the G3 level or equivalent.
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali.
Experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet or other WFP software packages. General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications only according to the following procedures: All applications must include an accurately filled in Personal History Form (P11) available at the following link http://www.unon.org/docs/P11.doc to be sent by e-mail to [email protected]
Quote the Vacancy Announcement number, job title and location;
Hand delivered applications will not be accepted;
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded;
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.