UN World Food Programme – Somalia
Vacancy Announcement No. VA-024/2017
Post Title: Senior Administrative Assistant (Assets Management)
Contract type: Service Contract
Post Grade: SC6
Duty Station: Nairobi
Duration: 1 year (initial)
Date of issue: 15th June 2017
Organizational Background: The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, humanitarian air and logistics services, food coordination and emergency rehabilitation projects and Cash Based Transfers.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan candidates only.
Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of National Administration Officer and overall supervision of the Head of Procurement and Administration, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Review assets requirements for Country Office/Area Offices, assist in identification of new requirements and review assets shelf/useful life against corporate guidelines;
- Participate in preparation of assets related budgets and prepare annual assets procurement plans;
- Contribute to planning, monitoring and processing of assets related administrative actions, including procurement requests and Long Term Agreements (LTAs);
- Coordinate the activities of assets management team at Country Office and Area Offices to ensure individual and team objectives are met;
- Generate regular assets reports from corporate assets management databases, review data integrity, analyze and recommend corrective actions;
- Compile and prepare reports for decision making to support the effective and timely management of WFP resources;
- Coordinate physical count of assets, investigate, report discrepancies and present to the Local Property Survey Board (LPSB) with recommendations for structured deliberations. Monitor the implementation of LPSB recommendations;
- Ensure that any transfers of WFP property to government counterparts, cooperative partners, retailers are duly recorded in line with WFP corporate procedures;
- Ensure payment for assets related supplies and/or services are processed promptly as per IPSAS requirements;
- Respond promptly to Assets related queries;
- Provide training and guidance to asset management focal persons on processing of asset related transactions;
- Review Assets SOP and recommend adjustments/revisions;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A post-secondary certificate in administration or other field related to office management is desirable.
- Advanced certification in IT or database management and/or a university degree in Business / Public Administration would be an added advantage.
- Five years of progressively responsible professional support experience in general administrative work of which at least two years must be in the field of inventory and assets management.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is a requirement.
- Has demonstrated a strong understanding of administrative operating standards related to the assets management.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel and MS Access. Has provided coaching or training to new staff within area of expertise.
- General knowledge of UN common business principles, rules, regulations and procedures and in the area of work would be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications HERE through our E-Recruitment portal
Closing Date: 28th June 2017
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.