Responsible for the production of timely monthly and annual financial accounts based on financial information provided , maintaining an updated ledger , payroll , file statutory returns , book keeping ,tracking of all expenditure , liaising with the auditor and providing administration support services to the team.
Responsibilities for the Underwriting Job
- Preparing and reviewing income statements and statement of financial position.
- Responsible for generating monthly ,quarterly and annual management accounts
- Coordinate monthly closing process and accounts reconciliation of the general ledger book
- File monthly and annual statutory returns in a timely and efficient basis
- Assist with audit preparation to allow for timely preparation of annual financial report
- Monitor collections and creditors book
- Petty cash management
- Maintain and monitor the fixed assets books
- Maintain a profit and loss book for the business lines
- Provide administration support services to the executive and team.
- Responsible for preparation of tenders for office supplies, maintain register of suppliers and procurement oversight.
Qualifications for the Accounts & Admin Job
- The successful applicants should have a degree in the related fields i.e. Bachelors degree Finance or accounting from a recognized Institution.
- The successful applicant MUST have at least 2 years accounting experience from an insurance company, brokerage or agency.
- CPA 3/ CFA 1 Qualification will be an added advantage
- Demonstrate in-depth technical knowledge and proven analytical skills in insurance accounting
- Ability to work conscientiously and independently with minimal supervision. This calls for a person of high integrity and motivation.
- Ability to network with other staff to obtain high standard of performance
- Ability to maintain sound financial management system
- Compliance with set policy guidelines and meet crucial deadlines.
- Good knowledge of local insurance regulations
- Possess sound negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Have excellent customer care and credit skills.
- Be pleasant, outgoing, aggressive and self-driven.
How To Apply
If you’re interested in either of the above position, send your application pack including cover letter, CV , copy of degree & professional certificates and salary package to :
Head Of Administration
Underwriting Africa Limited
Email: [email protected]
This application closes on the 31st January at 1700 hours, local time. Successful candidates hear from us by the 10th February 2017.