UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Reporting to Regional Director, the Executive Associate is responsible for providing a variety of executive administrative support to the UN Women Regional Director maintaining full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment and, in close coordination with the Regional Office (RO) office management and staff, for managing the efficient flow of information and communications to ensure expeditious dissemination of information, timely action and compliance with established deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide executive support to the UN Women Regional Director:
- Manage the UN Women Regional Director’s calendar, and schedule of appointments and meetings;
- Arrange travel and hotel accommodations and other logistics for the UN Women Regional Director;
- Maintain roster of RO contacts; update electronic mailing lists;
- Answer and screen calls for the Regional Director with tact and discretion;
- Manage administrative files on the Regional Director’s mission travel and mission reports;
- Research files, collect information and organize materials to meet the Regional Director’s requests.
Provide administrative support to the UN Women Regional Director:
- Undertake the logistical, administrative and financial arrangements, to organize meetings, events, and workshops;
- Organize and attend meetings and events, prepare minutes and summaries;
- Prepare and assemble briefing materials and PowerPoint presentations for the Regional Director for meetings, missions and other key events;
- Organize and monitor the office filing system;
- Follow up with the Regional Director on deadlines and commitments.
Provide effective communication and information management support to the Regional Office:
- Facilitate flow of information and communication between the UN Women Regional Director’s Office and other units within or outside of UN Women;
- Review, prioritize and route correspondence to and from the UN Women Regional Director Office; take proactive follow-up action and keep the Regional Director informed;
- Respond to and/or direct inquiries to appropriate units for timely action/response;
- Prepare routine correspondence and interoffice circulars; review documents and reports to ensure spelling, punctuation and format are correct;
- Maintain and organize up to date hard and electronic files for easy access and retrieval; ensure safekeeping of confidential materials;
- Assist in the preparation and finalization of informal translations; act as interpreter as required.
Provide support to the Regional Director’s Office’s external relations activities:
- Facilitate the Regional Director’s interaction with various external partners through written, verbal and electronic communication, and through collaborative and proactive relationships with counterparts and colleagues in partner offices;
- Receive and greet high ranking officials/visitors;
- Ensure protocol matters, receive high ranking visitors/officials, coordinate logistical arrangements related to visits.
Contribute to knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
- Provide administrative support for effective knowledge management and sharing within the office and other offices/HQs;
- Build and share knowledge and experience related to administrative and operations support.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and quality support to the Regional Director;
- Quality presentation of information;
- Quality and timely organization of events/ meetings;
- Adherence to protocol.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
How to Apply