Intern – Disaster Risk Reduction and Migration at UNDP, Kenya
Location : Nairobi, KENYA
Created in 1999, the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction and Secretariat of the International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UNISDR) is the designated focal point in the United Nations system for the coordination of disaster reduction and to ensure synergies among the disaster reduction activities of the United Nations and regional organizations and activities in socio-economic and humanitarian fields.
Internship Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the Head, UNISDR Regional Office for Africa, and direct supervision of Project Manager, the Intern will be responsible for:
- Review of literature relevant for migration in the Horn of Africa and other relevant regions;
- Research and document the root causes, risks therein and different aspects of migration in the Horn of Africa;
- Perform any other task as assigned by the supervisor.
- Team Player;
- Learning and Knowledge.
Required Skills and Experience for Internship
- Enrolled in a university at undergraduate or higher level with focus on migration
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Candidates with working knowledge of French will be preferred.
How to Apply
Click here to apply