Intern – UNDP Global Policy Center at UNDP, Kenya
The purpose of this internship is to assist the BES-Net team in managing the BES-Net web-portal, in preparing for the first BES-Net Trialogue and in undertaking communication and networking activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assist with of the management and moderation of the BES-Net web-portal
- Become familiar with the BES-Net project;
- Assist in uploading documents, videos, and social media content, etc.;
- Assist with the management of online collaboration tools;
- Assist with moderation of the website; and
- Provide research and analysis on specific scientific themes (land degradation and restoration, pollinators pollination and food production, etc.) as they relate to biodiversity management; and produce learning materials for the web-portal- (themes to be determined)
- Research peer-reviewed scientific articles, grey literature, reports on best practices and experience learnt as well as videos and e-learning courses on given thematic areas and on cross-cutting areas in the field of biodiversity and ecosystem services;
- Organise the collected information to inform the BES-Net portal, which aims at providing a one stop shop in the field of biodiversity and ecosystem services;
- Assist with the development of new material, including summary for policy makers, info graphics, e-learning material and documents on best practices
- Support in liaising with potential partners for BES-Net and in communication activities
- Support the communication activities of BES-Net through the development of dissemination material, contribution to events and through managing its contacts database, social network channels and its newsletters.
Support the refining of the methodology for the first BES-Net Trialogue to be held early 2017 through:
- Undertaking a desk study on indicators to measure the impact of the Trialogues;
- Assisting with refining the concept note for the first Trialogue to be held in Eastern Europe on pollinators, pollination and food production;
- Identifying participants;
- Logistical and communication support.
- Highly organized and ability to work independently;
- Detailed-oriented. Ability to organize and summarize scientific information with ease and accuracy;
- Works toward creative solutions by analyzing problems carefully and logically;
- Ability to interact with various type of actors (policy-makers, scientists and practitioners) with diplomacy;
- Acknowledges and responds constructively to the points of view of others.
Required Skills and Experience for Internship
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s study required (Social Sciences, Environmental Sciences or Communications, etc.) having completed a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Social or Environmental Science, Communications, etc.).
- Technical knowledge of website content management (Drupal) and moderation, online communication,networking and collaboration tools; and /or
- Experience in evaluation and monitoring if possible in the area of capacity building; and/or
- Experience in organising events; and /or
- Experience in communication.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills in English and if possible another UN language.
How to Apply
Click here to apply