Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Post Level : National Consultant
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 23-Jan-2017
Duration of Initial Contract : 1 Month
Under the supervision of the UNDSS Somalia trainer, the Software Developer will design, develop and implement a workflow based training scheduling, payment and confirmation system that will help the training unit in coordinating the administration process of the UNDSS Somalia SSAFE training.
The Software Developer will work in close collaboration with the Management Support and Training unit, ICT and other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure the project is complete, fully functional and within the stipulated time.
Duties and Responsibilities
To have a training management workflow software system that will positively impact on the overall efficiency of the administration unit, in the management and control of training, thus reducing the number of back-and-forth interactions made across the organization.
Scope of work
(a) System Inception and initial system design framework:
- User needs analysis & documentation
- Database objects design
- Mock-up interface
- System setup/administrative interfaces
- System security
(b) Building the workflow for scheduling training:
- Categorizing trainings i.e. SSAFE
- Adding training details.
- Testing maker checker functionality
- Designing and plotting the schedule into a calendar.
- Search functionality
(c) Developing multi agency training booking functionlaity:
- Participants registration(UN Agency based)
- Login and based on calendar, book a training
- A booking is only confirmed upon payment
- List of participants who have booked can be printed
(d) Payment confirmation Module:
- Once payment is completed, the system will present the user with an interface where they can highlight all the people who have paid. Automatically, the system will be able to notify the participant of the confirmation via e-mail.
- Printable reports can be extracted based on parameters e.g. List of participants who have paid, those tentatively booked but not yet paid, training income.
(e) Reports and user dashboards (to be defined during inception) and training of users
(f) Handover process
IV. Monitoring and Progress controls
The consultant will interact with UNDSS Somalia FSCO and SSAFE Training team to receive any clarifications and guidance that may be needed. Consultant’s work will be coordinated with UNDSS SSAFE training team prior to start of any Outcome/Deliverable. The satisfactory completion of each of the deliverables shall be subject to endorsement of the UNDSS Somalia FSCO, Training. The Consultant will duly inform UNDSS Somalia SSAFE Training Team of any problems, issues or delays arising in the course of implementation of assignment and take necessary steps to address them.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here