Global Policy Center Internships at UNDP
The Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services Network (BES-Net) is a capacity sharing network of networks that promotes dialogue between science, policy and practice for more effective management of biodiversity and ecosystems, contributing to long-term human well-being and sustainable development.
Duties for the Global Policy Center Internships
- Assist with the management and moderation of the BES-Net web-portal
- Become familiar with the BES-Net project;
- Assist in uploading documents, videos, and social media content, etc.;
- Assist with the management of online collaboration tools;
- Assist with moderation of the website; and
- Provide knowledge management support to BES-Net research on specific scientific themes (land degradation and restoration, pollinators pollination and food production, etc.) as they relate to biodiversity management;
- Research peer-reviewed scientific articles, grey literature, reports on best practices and experience learnt as well as videos and e-learning courses on given thematic areas and on cross-cutting areas in the field of biodiversity and ecosystem services;
- Organise the collected information to inform the BES-Net portal, which aims at providing a one stop shop in the field of biodiversity and ecosystem services;
- Assist with the development of new material, including summary for policy makers, info graphics, e-learning material and documents on best practices
- Support in liaising with potential partners for BES-Net and in communication activities
- Support the communication activities of BES-Net through the development of databases, dissemination material, contribution to events and through managing its contacts database, social network channels and its newsletters;
- Support translation work in Russian of documents for the first BES-Net Trialogue, to be held in Eastern Europe in the first half of 2017
Global Policy Center Internships Requirements
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s study in Environmental Science, or a field relevant to these terms of reference will be an added asset.
- Experience analysing/producing environmental science knowledge products;
- Knowledge of website content management, online communication, networking and collaboration tools; and /or
- Knowledge or experience in communication.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills in English and in Russian required.
Conditions of the Internship
- Interns are considered gratis personnel. They are not staff members;
- Interns are not financially remunerated by UNDP. The costs associated must be borne by the nominating institution, related institution or government, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students; or by the student, who will have to obtain financing for subsistence and make his or her own arrangements for transport, accommodation, etc;
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
- The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed;
- The intern must provide proof of enrollment in health insurance plan.
How to Apply
Apply here for the Global Policy Center Internships
Closing date is 19th April 2017.