Location : Nairobi, KENYA
Application Deadline : 11-May-17 (Midnight New York, USA)
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the ICT Helpdesk Associate and overall supervision of the ICT Manager, the ICT Intern provides ICT and administrative support services to the ICT unit, provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure in a large Country Office. The ICT Support Intern promotes a client-oriented approach.
Duties for the ICT Unit Internships
- Regularly and timely provide 1st level ICT end-user support as assigned and via ICT helpdesk. Assist in the programming and implementation of new systems
- Assist in troubleshooting of network issues
- Assess, diagnose and provide resolutions to end-user problems in accordance with the foundations of ICT service management and service delivery. Assist in maintenance of relevant knowledgebase, processes and procedures for the ICT Help Desk.
- Work with other staff within the section to share best-practice solutions for improved services delivery
- Attend to the operations of ICT Service Desk Management System and handling communication in support of service support whenever required. This may involve incident registration and monitoring.
- Assist in maintenance of user accounts within appropriate workflow mechanism and procedure to facilitate user access to various ICT services
- Prepare the required performance monitoring output reports on ICT support services
- Assist in implementation of technical preventive maintenance to ensure business continuity, maximum systems security and better equipment lifetime.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Advocates and promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UN;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism.
- Knowledge and Learning Management;
- Shares knowledge and experience from within and outside the UN Country Team;
- Encourages UN staff to share knowledge;
- Develops deep understanding of the UN planning processes.
ICT Unit Internships Requirements
- Enrolled on Bachelors or master’s degree Information Technology, or computer studies.
- Candidates must, at the time of application, be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- Have graduated and be within one-year of graduation of any of the above.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
Apply here for the ICT Unit Internships before 11th May 2017