Administrative Assistant Job at United Nations Development Programme
Somalia provides a unique challenge in aid coordination. It requires a complex mix of humanitarian, relief, recovery, and development interventions in a difficult unpredictable operating environment. The combined knowledge and experience of the UN is required to tackle the multi-dimensional causes of poverty and insecurity in Somalia.
To realize the synergies across the UN presence and within the international community, a strong planning and organizational capacity is required. In particular, the design and implementation of integrated approaches face numerous operational constraints (including geographical fragmentation, multiple duty stations, security and logistical constraints).
In this context, the UN Integrated Office for Somalia has identified the need to recruit an administrative assistant to provide administrative support to the teams managing key strategic portfolios, including Durable Solutions Initiative (DSI) and Youth.
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Head of the Integrated Office and in close collaboration with DSI and youth portfolio managers, the administrative assistant will provide secretariat and operational support to the Integrated Office team, helping to, plan, manage, support and follow up on meetings and events, and arrange logistics as needed.
Under the general guidance of the respective portfolio managers, the administrative assistant will provide administrative services ensuring high quality, accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery
Administrative Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Implementation of operational strategies.
- Support the regular work of the inter-agency working groups on DSI and Youth.
- Provides administrative and logistical support to organization of events, conferences, workshops and retreats.
- Provision of support to office maintenance and assets management.
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Preparation of routine correspondence, faxes, memoranda and reports;
- Preparation and documentation of meetings including preparing/sending out invitations, booking of meeting rooms and video-conferencing services; management of distribution/attendance lists, support to preparation of minutes
- Support compilation and preparation of briefing and communication materials, background information and documentation (ppt presentation, leaflets, background documents);
- Archiving and filing.
Requirements for the Administrative Assistant Job
- Completion of secondary education.
- Certificate in Administration is desirable.
- 5 years of relevant administrative experience;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Experience with other UN agencies, international organizations and/or non-governmental organizations would be considered an asset;
- A demonstrable interest in the UN’s work in Somalia.
- Fluency in English is required.
How to Apply
Do you feel qualified or the role? Submit your applications online through this link.